Spellbinders 3D shadow stamps - Dashing through the snow ...

Still in full blown Christmas mode and am starting to worry that I might, for once, be a wee bit more organised for this Christmas than first anticipated ... this does worry me a little as am now thinking about all the things I might forget ... lol However do love a 'to do' list and after recently making a notebook, think I might jot down my ideas, for that 'just in case' senior moment appears ...!

When I originally received these 3D shading stamps from Spellbinders, was a little worried that they might just be 'one trick ponies' but am glad to say that is definitely not the case. I have had great fun playing with them and they produce the most wonderful Christmas scenes ...



I began by stamping the trees on to three separate pieces of card, cutting around the tree part only and then adding glitter. Where the tree images finished, I carefully tore the remainder of the card away, adding glitter to the torn edges. I have layered the trees up to create a forest theme and added further depth by using 3D foam.


Santa and the sleigh have been stamped in grey but I went over the image several times to make the grey darker. Didn't really want to use black ink but didn't want the grey too light either ... gosh I sound fussy. I have lightly coloured the image and then cut it out mounting it on to my snowy background with 3D foam.


Now I have to 'fess up' as the ribbon along the bottom has only been added as when I stamped my sentiment, it went a little wonky and looked dreadful. If I had used my stamp platform it wouldn't have happened - clearly demonstrated by the 'crystal clear' sentiment at the top - valuable lesson learnt.

I've been stashing away my Christmas cards in a box but I really do need to check I have enough of the correct sized envelopes otherwise it will have to be either a quick purchase or even make a few. Must remember to add that to my 'to do' list ...!

Lou
x

Products & links:



I'm entering my Santa dashing through the snow in the following challenges:
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Crafty Catz - no patterned papers
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Emerald City Crafts - anything goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon - anything goes
Simply Papercrafts - anything goes

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi Lou this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie
What a fabulous scene you've created on your sweet card, Lou. Thanks SO much for stopping by to share with us in our final challenge. I hope you will be sure to join us tomorrow for our BLOG HOP. One lucky person will win the Monthly Ribbon Assortment. Hope to see you there.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Really Reasonable Ribbon
carol said…
Beautiful creation, thanks for joining in with us at CRAFTY CATZ, x Carol DT
tilly said…
really pretty card with santa for our challenge at crafty catz, hope to see you again
Tilly
What a fun project and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.
Cheryl Walker said…
Absolutely Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us for Really Reasonable Ribbon's final challenge!
Hugs
Cheryl