All frosty using masks, die cuts and pan pastels

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great holiday and are now ready to embrace 2014 with a big "MWAH". My family went off on holiday to celebrate both Christmas and also my eldest sons 21st birthday. We ate loads, drank a little too much, laughed uncontolably at times but more importanty, spent quality time with each other. This was the best present I received this Christmas.

Now the 1st challenge of 2014 on the Pan Pastels challenge blog is called "Frosty Finish". Being 100% honest I really couldn't face making another winter or Christmas themed card, so for my project, I have focussed on the colours associated with "frost" and gone for blues, whites and silvers .... aren't I the rebel (not)!



I have used a variety of diecuts, (Spellbinders perfect squares and Tim Holtz butterfly border) to create my card layers. All have been embossed using the gorge 12" mask stencil, Barok. I have used a Versamark pen to colour all the raised edges and then using my pan pastels, added the frost effect to the die cuts (well that was what I was hoping to achieve).


The vellum in the centre was first covered with Versamark and then coloured using the Pewter and Silver metallic pan pastels. I have then stamped over the background usinga  stamp set (On your Special Day) from Personnel Impressions (Marion Emberson Designs), embossing the images with white embossing powder.

 

 I finished my card with some ribbon roses (white and turquoise blue) and a blue glittered butterfly. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and have added a little bling to it too (as you do).

Okay, off to get ready for work as back to normality tomorrow which half of me is looking forward to and the other half is dreading having to put the alarm back on.

Have a great week everyone,

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Allsorts - free and easy
Speedy fox and friends challenge - use a stencil
Time 4 Scrap - any colour with silver or gold
Fun with Shapes - Frosty
Delicious Doodles - layer up
Charisma Cardz - birthdays

Comments

Claire said…
Fab card Lou, gorgeous colours and I love the way you've layered those frames, they look amazing
Claire xx
Tracy said…
Oh my giddy aunt Lou...stunning, your flowers look like they have been made with lace, so so delicate..loove!!!
Big hugs
Tracy xxx
Pssst my alarm will be set for 6am to get up for work...eeeeek...good luck for tomorrow.xxxx
Judith said…
Hi Lou happy new year- long time no see! - love your card - gorgeous frosty colours and great design hugs Judith x
Milo Lilja said…
Thanks for joining the challenge! Your card is very beautiful and I like all details on it. MiloLilja DT - T4S
This is GORGEOUS, all that detailing is just stunning
Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (A Charisma Gal)
xxxx
wannabcre8tive said…
This is beautiful, I love the frames.
Thanks, for joining us for the Speedy Fox challenge.
Cat's sCrap said…
What a magnificent creation ! Beautiful border of butterflies and wonderful flowers. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz in this period of birthday !

Best wishes for 2014 !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.
Claudia said…
Hi Lou, wow, what a great layout with all the frames the embossing, the details. Just a fantastic and great and so special card!

Thank you very much for joining us at the Fun with Shapes and more Challenge.

Hugs Claudia
Pat said…
Very pretty. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.
Crafting Vicky said…
what a rebel card ;o) Love the subtle colors you have used for it and all the awesome details!!!

Thanks for joining at Delicious doodles challenges. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky
Mummylade said…
just popping by to thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts with your lovely project!
stampingbowd said…
Beautiful layers and fun frames!!! Thanks for playing along with Speedy Fox & Friends challenge!
Sarah said…
Gorgeous card, love your pretty colours and sweet butterflies, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x