Oriental Love with Polka Doodles

Whoops am a little late sharing my card with you all for my DT project over at Polka Doodles Challenges but am in "Half Term" mode I'm afraid.

The theme this week is "Love/Romance" and the DT were asked to use the new "Dollie Daydream goes East" CD. Nikky packs so much on to her CDs and one area choker full is always the embellishment and sentiment sections. Nikky is also kind on us crafters who find that time can be against us as she always gives us coloured versions or black and white digi versions for all her images ... definite "phew" moment for me on many an occasion. For my project I have used the stunning flower arbour on bridge ...


I simply adore this sentiment and just had to use it on my project. I have printed it our twice on to my chosen backing paper, mounted one of the sentiments and then cut a freehand heart shape using the other printed sentiment. I lightly inked the edges of the heart so it stood out a little.


My next "crush" on this CD are the flowers which are adorable and could be used on so many projects, not just Oriental themed designs. I have fussy cut and layered the flowers, squeezing a selection of hearts in amongst the blooms. I know I could have been lazy and added them to a graphics programme and layered them that way, but it is very rewarding to go back to crafting properly to create your end result.


I hope you have popped over to the blog to check out all the other fab DT projects for this weeks theme and can't wait to see your "Love?Romance" project now.

Well better get myself organised and finish off some more decorating. Luckily today I do not have to work around Aaron as he is going off to a friends house .... teenagers and decorating do not mix well!

Lou
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons - love
Creative Moments - anything goes/love
Paper Crafting Journey - love is in the air
The Sisterhood of Crafters - love

Comments

Darlene said…
This is AWESOME Lou and I too LOVE that sentiment!! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘LOVE YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Unknown said…
Stunning Lou ,this is an amazing CD
Hugs Susan xx
Doreen said…
Fabulous card,love the papers and image.xxx
Anonymous said…
Lovely Card. Thank you for joining ua at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie
shampylou30 said…
Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxxxx
Peanut said…
Nikky's coloured digis are life savers...and of exceptional quality. LOVE what you've done with them...not half bad yourself, my friend!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts
Gale said…
Beautiful card Lou. Love the colorful flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at PCJ in our "Love is in the Air" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT