Anything but square at Polka Doodles

The theme this fortnight over at Polka Doodle Challenges is "anything but square" and as many of Nikky's images can easily be turned in to shaped cards, I decided to challenge myself and use the fab cleaner image from Work and Play 6 and have her riding a hoover .... well why not? Anything to turn cleaning in to fun, is definitely okay in my book!

I used the pre-coloured digi hoover image and manipulated it in word to create my card base .....


Then the fun part .... adding all the layers in create my cleaning scene/montage ....


I used the decoupage design sheet from the CD to create my layers (sheet has the image, sentiment and other digi images included) and only needed to add a little bit of a "real" duster to the card.


I made the spider web by using my hot glue gun on my glass mat and left it to cool down. Also because of the different shape of my card, I even decorated the inside ...

 

Well I hope my card inspired you to use a duster in another way instead of boring domestic duties (hee, hee, hee .... ),

Lou x
x x x

I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Pink Gem Challenge - create a scene
7 Kids College Fund - anything goes
Aud Sentiments - anything goes with a sentiment
Milk Coffee - lots of layers
Anything goes with a twist - female
Sister Act - anything goes

Comments

perfectly4med said…
Gorgeous card - even though I think this might still be a draft post ;)

Great to join you on the Crafting Cafe Hop :)

Neil
Peanut said…
What a clever little card, Lou! Love it.
hugs, Asha
Karon said…
I love this card Lou. Fabulous design. Not sure if this will post - are you having blog problems? Seems a little strange!
lalkygirl said…
what a fab card ...love the design and layout...very original
Thanks for joining us at AUDS sentiment designs and good luck in the challenges
Lalkygirl x
Crafty Judith said…
Fabulous hun really awesome make and thank you for sharing with us at Anything Goes with a Twist hugs Judith DT x
Andreja said…
This card is just fabulous and so gorgeous :-))
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Milk Coffee Challenges!!! Good Luck!
Hugs, Andreja
Anita said…
This is a fabulous card - you are so creative! Thanks for joining our challenge at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
Rosie said…
Awwwww, this is adorable! Love the entire idea! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie