It's all about die cuts over at We Do Doobadoo

"Enhancing die cuts" is the new theme over at We Do Doobadoo and although the theme appears to sound complicated, trust me when I say, it isn't. We all embellish our die cuts in different ways; over stamping, embossing with masks, embossing with folders, distressing etc etc, so as you can see, the theme is probably "easy peasy, lemon squeezy" as it's something we all do without thinking about.

I decided to use the Dutch Doobadoo "small circles" mask as it is currently my "fav" ... not sure why but I think it's the pattern that calls to me! Next month, I know I will have another new fav ... hee, hee, hee ... but until then ...




Using my Perfect Medium pad, I covered the stencil and then placed a further piece of card on top. Next, I ran this card/sencil sandwich through my big shot, so one piece of card embossed and the other picked up the residual Perfect Medium. The embossed card, I smoothered in gold embossing powder (and heated) and the other card piece, I used my Soft Gold metallic pan pastel, buffing afterwards; this is the piece I will use for this project.


Now the real problem ... which die to use. I have a few (not oodles and oodles) but just couldn't decide how I wanted to proceed. Finally, out of desperation as I was running out of time, I decided to use my Spellbinders Classic Squares and using the smallest die, cut mosaic tiles from my backing card. These in turn I layered on to a scalloped card base.


 I also used the same die set to create a frame but instead of centering the inner die, I placed it lower down on one edge. This was deliberate I promise ... definitely .... and I did this so that I could make sure that my Luna digi image (from Polka Doodles) was not covered too much by the frame. I them embossed the frame using the same "small circles" mask I used on my back ground.


Luna has been coloured with Prisma Pencils and highlighted/dotted with white GraphIt Shaker pen. I have added some die cut flowers from Tattered Lace using the Dutch Doobadoo laser art buttons for their centres.The setiment is from Work and Play 2 CD. As a final touch, I have added some Dutch Doobadoo laser art butterflies.

Still in Wales and off to the beach today (regardless of the weather) but can definitely confirm, I will not be dipping my toes in the sea!

Lou
x x x

Products I used ...


I am entering my card in to the following challenges:

Comments

Desire Fourie said…
Absolutely stunning. Loving the frame around the girl and the mosaic background.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}