Enjoy each moment ...

"Enjoy each moment" is definitely a mantra I need to take heed of more often. Sometimes life throws us a real "curve ball" and you can take your eye off what is important, so this sentiment is a perfect reminder to take stock.

For this weeks new challenge over at "Love to Create", I have made a quick CAS card ...


I'm not sure why CAS scares me so much as I actually thrououghly enjoyed making my card and found it liberating. No embellishments to rummage through and distract me from my task. I know I should do this more often but embellishments do seem to call out to me .....!

I have used the PCB STOP stamp set to create my background with a mixture of distress inks and pan pastels. I used Antique Linen distress ink to stamp my bricks background and whilst still wet, went over with neutral grey and neutral grey shade pan pastels. I buffed off the images before doing the same thing with the leaves but used chromium oxide pan pastel to add colour. As a finishing touch, I covered everything with white fine pearl pan pastel which muted the colours and gave a shimmery effect.


I stamped the bricks background on to a piece of stampbord (technique as before) and then the butterfly from PCB Postcard stamp set. I stamped another butterfly on to card and coloured this with magenta and orange pan pastel. As a finishing touch, I embossed the butterfly. I have edged the stampbord tile with the same colours I used on the butterfly and added some holes using my Stampbord tools. The sentiment is also from PCB Postcard set which has been distressed using my tools.

A quick card which allowed me to get a little messy but was quick to put together. We'd now love to see what you create in our "anything goes" challenge, so pop over and join in the fun at "Love to Create".

Lou
x x x

Products and links ...




Challenges:
Cupcake Inspiration: bugs and butterflies
Robyn's Fetish: anything goes
Crafty Calendar: things with wings
Fantasy Stampers: wings and things
Creative Corner:anything goes
Simply Create: keep it simple

Comments

Tina said…
beautiful card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT Sweetie
Sue said…
Fabulous card it's really lovely! and thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue DT xx
Unknown said…
Gorgeous cas card, you've achieved such a soft look, gorgeous hun
hugs xx
cass said…
Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge
Gorgeous card! BG is beautifully done and butterfly is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your amazing card with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hels Sheridan said…
Love it... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x
Unknown said…
Super cute! Thank you for joining our Creative Corner challenge. :)//Cat - Creative Corner Admin
Jackie T said…
Hi this is gorgeous I love the butterfly he looks fantastic against the background.I want to thank you for joining us at Fantasy stampers. Hugs Jackie DT
Beautiful clean and simple card, thank you so much for sharing with Simply Create Too.

Love and hugs
Maarit
Indy's Designs said…
Lovely background! Great card! So glad you were inspired by our Bugs & Butterflies challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Debbie, DT Sweetie