F is for "Fierce" colours over at The Pencil Case

In a desperate bid to be more organised, I started work on this project last Sunday and had a wonderful idea in my head. I knew what I wanted to do, the colours I wanted to use and how it should look. However in reality, my hands and head did not co-ordinate themselves and for some bizarre reason, refused to talk to each other too! Let's just say the final project is no where near my original idea and this is the 3rd attempt at trying to recreate my idea ..... The first two were ... uuummmm ... shall we say .... truly awful as my background looked at if I had dipped the image in to a muddy puddle. As a last result, (plus this was the 3rd time I had coloured the image), I cut the image out of the background and make something no where near my planned idea.

So, here is my project for this weeks new challenge over at The Pencil Case ...


I have used a Nikky Burnett image, "Esmeralda" coloured with Lyra Rembrandt Polycolor pencils and enhanced with white gel pen and GraphIt silver glitter ShakeIt pen.

Skin: gold ochre, brown ochre, venetian red and prussian blue
Hair: light orange, dark orange, prussian blue and dark sepia


I hope you can see where my original idea was taking me, as I have tried to colour her to look as if she was a mermaid ... but least said about the original background, the better! I have placed the image on to a framed panel and put the sentiment in to her hand. I have created a simple heart background using a Stampin' Up and X-cut punches.

Think that's everything and off to have a lie down now as exhausted from all the failed attempts ...

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Creative fingers - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Fab'n'Funky - die cuts and/or punches

Comments

Jane Savage said…
OMG, Lou how beautiful! I love how you have created the effect on her skin! Wow! Have a lovely weekend! xxx
Unknown said…
Even tho you aren't happy I think it looks fab! The skin effect is great!
Hugs xx Cara xx
Scrappy Scatty said…
wonderful Lou, very clever idea xx
Helen said…
Beautiful - very elegant and the colouring of the image is really great.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x
Fabulous! Very Fierce! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simply Papercraft, hope to see you for our next challenge!
Jennifer, DT