"You Rock" mini album (part 2)

Whoops ... thought I had shared this already but had left my post as "draft" ... hence why it didn't publish. Some days I do worry myself.

Anyhow here is the 2nd part of my "You Rock" mini album that I created from "scratch" using the wonderful Sticks and Bones collection from Polka Doodles. The post sharing part 1 of the mini album can be found HERE ...

As a quick reminder, here's the front cover ... (top view)
... face on view

In my previous post I had reached page 5  and now to share page 6 onwards ... so here is a photo of pages 6 and 7. Page 6 is an area to place a photo but for page 7  I made an acetate storage pocket to store, well anything you want.


Here is a close up of page 7 and you can see than the envelope is secured with a button clasp. I have used the acetate envelope to store tags and tickets. The T-Rex image has been cut out and stuck to the front of the acetate envelope as added interest.


For pages 8 and 9, I used the great background pages from the collection as my backgrounds for the photo mats. However on page 9 I also created another secret pocket and have added some journalling tags.


Here is a close up of page 9 and the tags ...


Pages 10 and 11, in comparison to some of the other pages, are a little boring as they have been mat and layered ready for photos and journalling but can you see something peeking out of the top?


I have created a secret pocket for either a photo page or any memorabilia you might have. However for this mini album, I have made a photo page ...


I have taken the pterodactyl digi image and added it to a age I decorated using complimentary pages. Next, I cut around the shape leaving a border and at the same time, created an alternative way of extracting the age from the secret pocket. As an added extra, I have printed off the pterodactyl word art, adding tot he bottom of the page.


Page 12 and 13 (back inside cover) have been designed to mat photos straight to the frame areas. On page 13, (which is the back inside cover),  I have used various small scraps of papers (from previous pages) and created a patch work effect background.


PHEW! Think that is everything but not 100% sure I have shared everything but will stop now as this post is extraordinarily long already and I thank you so much for baring with me so far. I am really enjoying getting back in to making mini albums and have another 3 to share with you but might, if I am brave enough, share all the page via a video ... oohhhhh, watch this space!.

We have decided as a family to have a "crusty day" and lounge around in PJs and spend time together watching a few films and digging out a few board games. I hope you  have a relaxing Sunday too,

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Challenge up your life: critters
Brown Sugar - for the boys
Morgan's Art World - anything goes
Aud Sentiments - animal + sentiment
Crafting with an attitude - anything goes
Creative Knockouts - lots of layers
Open Design Team Challenge - anything goes

Comments

Arlene said…
What a great album. Beautifully put together. Great tags.
Oooooh how fabulous 💗💗💗
Jennifer Scull said…
you really put a lot of work into this amazing album! I love it!

Thank you for joining our 'Animals plus a sentiment' challenge at Aud Sentiments! :)
WOW, you rock alright with the prehistoric mini album. Its just super fantastic. You have illustrated it beautifully on your blog too and it was such a pleasure to visit and view. Great work.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]
aussie aNNie said…
A beautiful project, gorgeous colours and image used. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our second challenge.xx
[aNNie DT/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]
Diane Louise J said…
Thanks for joining our challenge with your fabulous mini album… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge… [Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]
Linda Simpson said…
WOWSERS! This is stunning! I love it!
Hugs
Linda xxx