Everything changes for Halloween!

You know when an idea just pops in to your head and you have to do it straight away? Well this was one of the occasions. So grabbing all my supplies, including my draft sketch, off I went in to my own crafty world ... and what is even more remarkable, is that it came out as I had envisaged. I was very 'shocked dot com' to say the least!

I have been using/playing/creating with the new dies from Polka Doodles  ...


Who would have thought that this frame could be turned in to something Halloween ...

Bubbleicious Frams and Fancies

I cut out the back panel from the 'Bubbleicious Frame' set in black card and used a white ink pad to make it look grubby and highlighted; this was then placed on to my backing paper. Either sides of the panel I have placed the gate/fence die cut (from Elegant Light & gate set), again highlighted with white ink and a cute banner added.


Next I cut 3 of the ovals from the 'Bubbleicious Frame & Fancies' set and inked the edges. I layered them to look, or appear, as if they are now a pumpkin. Using 3D foam, my pumpkin was stuck to the back panel.


Using the branch die from the 'Cherry Blossom' set, I cut 2 from kraft card. I inked the edges and added black glitter highlights. These were then placed on the top of the pumpkin to look like the vines/storks. To cover my gluing, I cut some flowers from black card using the flower from the 'Bubbleicious Frames' set. I added white highlights and glitter the flowers.The leaves were cut from Kraft card and are from the same die set.


I just love this sentiment and makes me giggle rather loudly. The amount of time I reminded my sons about the woes of too many sugary sweets ... not that they listened! Have to say both do have wonderful gnashers with no fillings at all.

Right gotta dash and practise my times tables songs/raps before unleashing my warbling on to the class today. Have a great day whatever you choose to do,

Lou
x x x


Products and links:




Challenges:
Crafty Creations - Halloween
Moo Mania - fall foliage
Sisterhood of Crafters - Happy Harvest
Word Art Wednesday - anything goes
Die Cuttin Divas - vegtables
Retarte - Halloween

Comments

Diane said…
Wow...love your gorgeous pumpkin card and a perfect card for our 'harvest' challenge at The Sisterhood....thank you for joining us!
Diane TSH DT
Darlene said…
What a fun design ... great job! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Halloween Colors’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Scrappy Scatty said…
Love this Lou and great minds haha I have used that sentiment for an upcoming project xx
What a fantastic card ! Thank you for joining us at Moo Mania & More!
oxo Susi
Fabulous! I love, love, love this project. Such a clever use of the dies. x
This s absolutely fabulous, Lou! You're so super talented, and I really want to thank you for joining us. I hope that you will stop by again soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
Gerda said…
What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com
Christine said…
Love the funny sentiment and the graphic look of your card! Thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday. May God bless you this week.
Christine
Guest Designer
Esther said…
Lovely fall card!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
Karon said…
Love this - it's fabulous and genius! TFS
Unknown said…
Very beautiful Halloween card, so beautiful this pumpking
Unknown said…
Very beautiful Halloween card.
Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
Yaiza(Stampartpapel DT)
Clever girl love this card. Hugs Aly xxx