Hot under the collar ...

Here is another of my projects for Polkadoodles using the new Horace & Boo collection solely inspired by the wonderful sentiment (found in the collection) and as soon as I read it, I knew straight away what I wanted to do ...


Using word I created the heart shape and filled it with one of the backing papers, adding that wonderful sentiment. Next printing out the heart and also the collar, I cut along the top of the collar, sliding the heart through, to give the illusion that the collar is wrapped around the heart.


The heart and collar were placed on simple mat and layers, at a jaunty angle ... love that crafting phrase.



Using some of the printed flowers and leaves, I cut them out and layered on to the collar and heart. Each were finished with a Doodle Gem.


Finally with the little left over bits of backing paper, I punched some small hearts mounting them with 3D foam. A quick card and smiled the whole time I was making it ... still am as I type my blurb!

Don't forget the 25% off discount Nikky has generously given if you purchase the collection ... just remember to use the word CUTE when you check out.

Lou
x x x

Products and links:



Challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams - anything goes
Dragonfly Journeys - Hip to be square
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes
Simply Create - Anniversary
The Crafty Addicts - anything goes

Comments

Your card is just wonderful! I love the colors and all of the beautiful details! Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack! Cyndi, DT
ccheney said…
Such a fun card! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Cindy (DT)
ccheney said…
Such a fun card! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too. Cindy (DT)
Jeannie said…
Hi Lou! My goodness this is just sooooo cute! I just love all of the pretty colors. Thanks so much for joining my Hip to be Square blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
Inkyfingers said…
What a fun and creative card!
Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Create Too, and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x
Erica said…
Adorable and creative card. Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too Anniversary challenge. Join us again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)