Using Tonic Studios Dressables dies to create a holiday snap of a 'surfer dude'

Slowly getting back in to my blogging and today I am sharing another project made using the Dressables Die from Tonic Studios to create a card a surfer inspired card ...


I used the English Picnic dies to create my card base and aperture as I wanted to give the appearance of a framed photo ... an activity snap taken whilst on holiday. Using one of the sentiments from the stamp set, I added this to the bottom edge of the frame using Indigo Blue Nuvo hybrid ink.



Using the Dressables Essential dies I created my surfer character, adding the trousers and T-shirt - which I embossed - plus some shorts (Dressables boys outfit dies) die cut from floral fabric. The fringe part of his hair is from the Essential Dies and the spiky parts from boys outfit dies. I've edged the hair parts with distress ink. As a finishing touch, I added some mirrored sunglasses ... just thought they finished is 'dude' look.


The background was created using scraps of inked card to create the sand, and again with a scrap of card, I inked a sky background. Finally I used a wonderful surf board image from Polkadoodles Winnie Starfish and Sandcastles collection to finish setting the scene. The framed holiday photo has been decorated with clouds and sea themed embellishments.

Did you manage to catch all the Dressables shows with Jodie over on Hochanda? The DT really excelled themselves with all the fabulous inspirational samples.

Lou
x x x

Products used:
Tonic Dressables Boy s Outfits   24 Dies-318646 Tonic Dressables Essentials   20 Dies-752921



I would like to enter my 'surfer dude' in to the following challenges:


lll