Tonic Studios Pin-Up Girls - "Singing in the Rain"

Did you see the recent shows with on Hochanda sharing the new Pin-Up Girls from Tonic Studios? Aren't these images a little bit cheeky, rammed full of nostalgia and suit a raft of crafting styles from mixed media, scrapbooking, cardmaking and so, so, so much more ... Can you guess I have lots of ideas running around using these dies.

Here is one of the projects I made for the launch and although there doesn't appear to be much happening, I had great fun using my glimmer pastes, stencils and embellishment mousse ...



I began by creating my background using the Beautiful Bokeh stencil with Blue Topaz and Moonstone glimmer paste. Once dry I went around the edges with Pacific Teal & Cornflower Blue embellishment mousse and added streaks of colour to the middle using Peony Pink & Pink Flame embellishment mousse. Next I die cut the backing panel both from the red backing layer and my background at the same time. If you die cutting machine will not go through both layers at the same time, cut the first layer and then use this to position the die on the bottom layer.


I then stuck the glimmer paste die cut backing panel inside the red layer and raised up the remainder of the background with 3D foam. This created a quick but effective shadow effect. I've then added my image in to the recess, paper pieced her, coloured the flesh with my Nuvo markers and finally layered up the umbrella so that my tumbling hearts had some where to land.


Along the top of my card blank, I added a selection of cloud die cuts plus the 'Singing in the rain' sentiment. A quick but effective way to give an edge to your cards without too much fuss. I lightly coloured each of the clouds with Pink Peony & Cornflower Blue embellishment mousse. Finally I added my hearts and rain drops to tie everything in together.


A great way to have a messy play but still looks as if the card is relatively clean & simple ... well as clean and simple as I can get 😉😅😏

Have your dies arrived yet? I'd love to see how you have been inspired - just leave me a link in the comments section and I can pop over to see what you have made.

Lou
x x x




Challenges:
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Cut It Up - Layers of love
QKR Stampede - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
fabulous card Lou.
glad you have changed it I could not give comments anymore

gr karin
What a gorgeous image! I love its chunkiness and the nostalgic feel. You did a great job on the background - raining drops and hearts!

Thanks for joining us for our Layers of Love challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
ScrappyHorses said…
So fun to see you over at Cut It Up! Such a fun and nostalgic image with a great background! ~Katrina
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card today Lou- such a fabulous design. Cathy x
Larelyn said…
Such a unique card and image. Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up.
crafty said…
A fun card. Thank you for joining us at QKR Stampede.
Mary