Polkadoodles Winter Flurries collection - Heartfelt Winter Wishes

Gradually getting back in to blogging after a long absence and it's amazing how much I have missed it. I have popped over and started writing posts but ended up saving them to 'draft'. I'd make blog writing a lot easier for myself, if I kept them short and sweet ... but never seems to happen. I use my blog as a way of sharing my projects but it's also my on line crafting diary, one I refer back to continually; I suppose that's why I miss it when I haven't posted in a while. Deep crafty thoughts ...

Anyways, did you see Nikky Hall on Hochanda launching the wonderful Winter Flurries and Magical Winter Collections a wee while ago? I had great fun playing with all the components and didn't want to stop. I even used glitter ... yep glitter ... the crafters skin exfoliant, scourge of my life! Okay slightly a wee bit melodramatic. Below is one of the projects I made for the launch shows using the 'Snowflake Garden' stamp set ...



I began by adding a piece of backing paper, tearing the edges, from Heartfelt Christmas 8" x 8" designer paper pack. Next using Nuvo Glimmer Paste and 6" x 6" 'Accents' stencil, I added some texture to the papers. One major bonus of the Nuvo Glimmer Paste, is that it dries really quickly which means you can crack on with your projects almost instantly. Next using Laguna Bay, Nuvo Diamond Hybrid ink, I created my wordy background with the 'Snowman Sentiments' stencil - which is also 6" x 6: in size. Before placing this on my card, I also tore the edges.


On white card, I began to stamp lots of elements from the 'Snowflake Garden' stamp set in different colours, then let my Scan & Cut machine do all the hard cutting out work ...! I knew I wanted to do a moon shape but when I laid it on the card, it looked flat, blurgh in fact. This was a walk away moment as my mind went blank:- zilch, nadda, no-ting. To distract myself, I went on Pinterest looking for art ideas for school and saw a wonderful article about 1001 things to do with straws - BINGO - craft drought over! Rolling up some of the backing papers from the Heartfelt Christmas paper pack, I created my own straws.


I die cut a circle using Polkadoodles Stitched Circle dies, added some Nuvo glimmer paste, using the same stencil as before, and began layering up all my winter elements ... in the desired moon shape I craved 😊 Okay, let's be honest, the only reason I wanted a moon shape is there was no other way in my design I could fit the sentiment ... phew feel better getting that off my chest 😂😉😜 The sentiment is from the 'Heartfelt Tree' stamp set, also part of the Winter Flurries collection.


Strangely, or sadly, depending on your opinion, I'm getting quite used to the making Christmas 'stuff' in June & July however really did struggle when the weather turned incinerator hot ...!

Right better stop distracting myself and get on sorting out lots more photos of projects as I really do need to get on top of my mountains of pictures before my laptop says 'no' ...

Lou
x x x

Products & links:



I am entering my card in to the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes
Dream Valley - Christmas in July
Fashionable Stamping - use inks any way you want
International Art & Soul - Christmas traditions
Hiding in my craft room - any holiday
Creative Fingers - anything goes
Polkadoodles Challenges - anything goes
WWDTC - anything goes

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
Lou it's beautiful
Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at IAAS. Christine DT.
Wow, what a wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola
Melle Clef said…
What a lovely card ! Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inpirations challenge blog.
http://melleclef.over-blog.com
Melle Clef said…
What a lovely card ! Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inpirations challenge blog.
http://melleclef.over-blog.com
N-Eva said…
I adore your card design! So very pretty! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Dream Valley challenge.Neva DT
Debbie Adams said…
Your card is just beautiful. Love all the beautiful embellishments you made. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul.
Debbie DT.