Tonic Festive Triangle Kaleidoscope Boxs - Ho Ho Ho!

I hope you've been enjoying the shows so far with Jodie on Hochanda and have to admit that I am in love with those huge star boxes but it was the hinged lids that really blew me away - genius idea. I think that is definitely one I want to do for the children in school not just for Christmas but as a maths resource ... sad I know.

Popping by to share my 2nd project using the dies to create a triangular shaped box with a side opening, secured in place with magnets placed on to a triangular flap ...



I have used a good heavy weight paper/card to make the core shape but rather than joining all the sides together, I have used the joining piece to become part of my flap. I trimmed away some of the excess to make a neater opening and then using the triangle lid die, created my flap.


I cut away two of the sides and the third was used to secure to the box itself. I have layered this up with other dies from the lid collection, finishing off with the 'Ho Ho Ho!' cut in gold adorned by 2 holly flourishes. The flap has then been secured in place with magnets and the inner magnet found on the flap, covered with decorative paper.


I added the ends - which are in fact lids - but ensured that they did not impede the flap from opening/shutting.


I was truly amazed as to how quickly these boxes came together: the dies to all the hard work for you. The only time I faffed was choosing which paper/card to use 😂

Will you be using your dies when they arrive to make triangular boxes or to add to your expanding Kaleidoscope Boxes collection?

Lou
x

Products used:
Craft Perfect - Olive Green
Craft Perfect - Jet Black
Craft Perfect - Embossed Gold
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Red Berry
Papers - from stash

I am entering my box in to the following challenges:
Always Fun Challenges - anything but a card
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
PIP Challenge - anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Crafting with friends - anything goes
Winter Wonderland - Christmas gifts - well it is a gift box 😌😉

Comments

Carol S. said…
I will leave the decision to the Host to decide if this qualifies for the challenge, as the theme is supposed to be in the image, Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT
Fabrika Fantasy said…
Very beautiful and interesting creation! Thank you, dear Louise, for joining the challenge at Crafting from the Heart that we are sponsoring! Good luck with your entry!
We have monthly challenges on our Challenge blog Fabrika Fantasy Digis, and we would love to invite you to join us there too. Thank you again!

Digital stamps and coloring books
DigiClub - You can get as many images as you like