Have a Beary Great Day - Beary Cute Critter dies from Polkadoodles

With determination and now a wee bit of a numb bottom, I'm starting to go through all my photos to create blog posts sharing my projects. Today's project is using the adorable 'Beary Cute Great Outdoors Critter die set from Polkadoodles.




I have die cut all the elements to create my Beary Cute bear using papers from the MUST HAVE Polkadoodles 'Die-cutting Essential Fur/Hair/Skin bumper A5 paper pack. This paper collection ensures quick and easy composition as all the colours you think you'll need are in the pack. I've added a shadow to my Beary Cute bear by cutting out a further body in a darker shade, cutting this in half and placing these two pieces on the outside edge of my bear.


After creating my 6"x6" card base, I added the wood effect paper from Great Outdoors paper pack, adding my completed bear to the card front. Next using the smaller elements from the die set, I created the beehives & leaves - which I have added to the card - and again felt there was something missing! Yep the 'faff' inside me was determined to come out and play! To add that 'pop' of colour, I die cut a few toadstools, using the dies from the 'Foxy Fun Great Outdoors Critter' die set.



Even though I had added some leaves in to Beary Cute's hair, he still felt a little under dressed, so I have created him a waistcoat and tie ... as you do. The waistcoat was made by die cutting the body, using a decorative paper and then adding to the bear. I repositioned the arms to be at the front and doodled some buttons/button holes on to the waistcoat. The tie is made from 'Bertie Bows Animal Paw Print' grosgrain ribbon, (also from Polkadoodles).


The sentiment is from the matching stamp set and was luckily added before all the die cut elements, otherwise I might have made life hard for myself 😏

Have you seen these wonderful 'Critter' dies from Polkadoodles? If not, check out the full range over at the Polkadoodles shop HERE for a cuteness overload. If you're not in to dies, there are matching stamps too ...!

Today is an admin kinda day which I am already dreading. Have been good and put all the distractions away, so fingers crossed, I'll be finished sooner rather than later. Watch this space ...,

Lou
x x x

Products & links:


I'd like to enter 'Beary Cute' in to the following challenges:
Use your stuff - animals
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Allsorts - Bears
Crafting from the heart - anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - all creatures great & small
Cut it up challenges - birthdays

Comments

Kathleen said…
A really super card and a great little bear, great use of the dies. Thank you for joining our 'Bears' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x
brenda said…
It's a very sweet creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Bears' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x
What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Birthday challenge!

Have fun going through all your projects and posting them!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com
Great card and I'm loving the images. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx
missgailly said…
Love this cute dimensional bear. Adorable! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail
Tammy L said…
I love all the different dies you used to create this card! How fun! Thanks for joining us at UYS this week and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT Co-ordinator
Mummylade said…
Such a lovely project, thanks for entering it in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
susiestacey said…
Lovely card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week, hope you come back and join us again tomorrow when the new challenge starts x Susan x
Margaret Mifsud said…
A super cute card and adorable little bear! Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch, good luck!!! Amy DT
J said…
What a lovely card! Thank you for sharing it at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jackie
Amanda said…
This is adorable! I love the image and all the details around it! I also love the bg! Thanks for joining us this week at Use Your Stuff! Amanda - DT