NEW domed blending tools from Scrapbook.com

A different sort of post from me today and I think it's my first reviewing a product. After receiving a package from Scrapbook.com full of crafty goodness, I was asked to review honestly, the contents. In order to do that, a crafty play session was needed ... not that I really needed any excuse 😉

One of the many items in my package was the NEW domed blending applicators and I've seen rave reviews about them, especially around the results you can achieve. Here's what I made using them - plus other Scrapbook.com goodies that were sent to me ...

 Scrapbook.com store

YOUTUBE
You can see my full review over on my YouTube channel and I promise that I have been truly honest with my feedback.



PROJECT 1
I started easy by stamping my background with Scrapbook.com clear ink. I left it to dry and then blended over the design using the dome applicators plus the Fall Ink Collection - Orange Cream, Autumn Leaves & Leather


I stamped my images using the same ink colours and then coloured them using the domed blender. Even the die cut wreath was coloured the same way!


PROJECT 2
I thought it would be great to just stamp, stamp some more & some more again, using the inks - Orange Cream, Autumn Leaves & Leather - to create my background. I used the domed blender to "dab" colour in to the flower centres.


The sentiment is from the Fall Sampler stamp set and I have used all 3 colours to give a gradiated look. Used circle layering dies to cut the sentiment out.


PROJECT 3
Now for this one, I deliberately chose a very intricate Polkadoodles stencil to work with and really test the domed applicators. The stencil has fine detail and wanted to see if the applicator could get in to these areas without having to rub or scrub. It was effortless. Truly effortless.



The ink colours have blended beautifully and the stencil images are "crisp". As a finishing touch, I added Scrapbook.com clear embossing ink around the edges and covered with Nuvo detail embossing powder. Sentiment also from the Fall Sampler clear stamp set.


CONCLUSION
I am a convert - not convent as I said in my video 😵 - to these domed applicators. One thing they showed me was how heavy handed I was being with my original design applicators, causing damage to the foam, and I need to stop this habit. In summary ...

  • Applicators need no pressure, absorb the ink, blend seamlessly.
  • Work with other manufacturers handles.
  • Sturdy, robust design which still produces soft blends.
  • Works with intricate stencil designs.
  • Keenly priced with bundles split to suit purse & need.
  •  Would I recommend? YES, YES and oh YES! 


Thank you so much for popping by today; I am truly grateful for all your support. In my review, was there something I didn't cover that you think I should? Please say, so that next time I can ensure that all areas reviewed.

Until next time,

Lou
x x x

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous cards and colours Lou
Gr Karin