Craft room plans - first idea - label everything!

Recently I posted on my Facebook page asking for hints and tips about organising our crafty areas: small or big spaces, storage ideas, furniture etc. Oh my, I was blown away by the response and links people shared. A huge thank you to you all.


A bit like housework, I have been putting this off but it has got to a stage that I really do need to become a wee bit more organised. This sent me off on a research expedition for my craft room plans. What I thought I do, is share some of the things I found ...

SCRAPBOOK.COM

After a quick look on YouTube, I came across a collection of videos regarding craft room plans &/or organisation from Scrapbook.com. This sent me off to their site and was shocked to find that they have a whole section on craft room plans/organisation. Click photo below to go straight to that section ...

 Get Organised Classes

Anyways, loved how they split everything up in to different stages plus had real crafters stories. I was lost for hours reading, taking notes & planning my own ideas. I've made it up to Week #3 & am beginning to plan my changes. The way this has been laid out in to manageable weekly chunks, is just perfect for me. I'm even made time in my organiser to ensure that I see the changes through from start to finish. I've kept the title simple and just written "Craft Room Plans".

JENNIFER McQUIRE

Again via good ole YouTube, I watched a video by Jennifer showing how she organised her stamps. Link to video below ...


Now even though I am still reorganising my space, getting my stamps in order was my main priority. They might not sit in the cupboard or area I eventually want for them, but I did need to tackle this as a temporary "must do" now kinda-thing. A quick brainwave hit me! As an immediate first step, I have used my Tonic Studios storage tray & dividers - did have to move the dies they were holding but have thought of a temporary solution for them.


All I need to do for now, is create some labels splitting up the collections. I'm going to do this from scrap card until I decide decide, the best way for me. I have always used storage wallets for my stamps but not organised the stamps efficiently.


Also in the video, she mentions label makers. Guess what? I now have one! Not her specific one but one off Amazon which came with different tapes in lots of different colours. I've already put it in play with all my Nuvo goodies. This will be temporary storage until I have re-jigged my crafting space. Did you notice not a drop, sequin or confetti in sight? That will be a mammoth task!


Normally I store my mousses & sprays in my Tonic Studios storage drawers but again, I need to decide where they should be located in my future craft room plan. I had originally stored my mousses & sprays together, splitting them between hot & cold colours - bizarre probably but that works for me - and want to go back to that system.


Link to the Tonic Studios storage items I'm talking about is HERE (UK) or HERE (US). Quote LOU10 at checkout. Huge thank you Tonic.

WHAT'S NEXT?

I've slowly coming to realise that the changes need to actually work & I do need a craft room plan. Rather than rush everything, I also need to de-stash or as my hubby would say, "stop hoarding". I've already gone through several cupboards & worked out what I am keeping, what to gift & what to sell.

I've also decided to keep a regular update on my blog of all my changes & any links to cool ideas. This I hope will motivate me to finish what I need to start ...!

If you have links to great videos, websites etc you think I should look at, to help with my craft room plans, please leave them in the comments below or alternatively via my Facebook pages - links in my "All About Me" page at top of the blog.

Many thanks, as always, for popping over today and promise to keep you updates with my mammoth task,

Lou
x x x

Comments

Rose Andrew said…
Great start Lou ...totally understand how you feel ..been there done that ..! I have also tidied up and rearranged my craft room ..! I love how Jennifer’s video .!! Looking forward in seeing the progress !
Rose Andrew said…
Great start Lou ...totally understand how you feel ..been there done that ..! I have also tidied up and rearranged my craft room ..! I love how Jennifer’s video .!! Looking forward in seeing the progress !
Unknown said…
Wow, I'm so unorganised I have piles everywhere