Tonic Studios Jam Jar Collection featuring dies & co-ordinating stamps

A wee while ago, Tonic Studios released a set of dies & matching stamps called "Jam Jar". Now these really "spoke to me" as the collection allowed the stamper in me to have oodles of fun but I could also die cut lots of elements to create my cards. Perfect synergy ... well for me it was 😘😍😌

Now there is oodles of elements in the collection as a whole - 2 die sets & 2 stamp sets - that allowed my creative ideas to flow ...

CARD ONE

I really, really wanted to "play" with all the extra elements that you get within the collection. There are wonderful sweet dies in varying shapes & sizes plus a great selection of icon stamps. After die cutting a selection of sweets in different colours, I started layering them up.


Suddenly changed my mind & thought they'd look better layered up on top of a range of the stamped images. Using lots of different coloured Nuvo Diamond Hybrid ink pads with the stamps, I created a central band. Being me, I still felt something wasn't right with the composition.


To break up the die cut and stamp images, I cut 2 small black card lines & added them. This appeared to frame everything a 100 times better. I finished with a stamped sentiment placed on a circular tab from the same collection.

CARD TWO

For this card, I wanted to use all the beautiful die cut foliage & flowers that are also part of the collection. I die cut the jam jar, layered up all the pieces and added a water effect in to the centre with Aqua Splash aqua flow.


Using Ivory White, Raspberry Pink & Olive Green Craft perfect card, I die cut lots of different foliage placing them to appear as if they are coming out of the lid area. They have been finished off with corresponding colour Nuvo drops.


To "ground" the jar, I added a base with Nuvo Brush Script pen in grey. A few extra bits of foliage, flowers & stamped hearts finishes off the card.



CARD THREE

For this card, I wanted to add the cute bees. After a rummage through some papers, I found several that suited a bee themed card. One paper in particular I thought really needed to be the jar centre & that became the focal point of my design.


I've use some Craft Perfect metal foil to create the lid & boy oh boy, does it make the embossed detail "pop". The tags are from the collection & I have stamped on to one of them adding a wee bee die cut embellishment


I finished with another sentiment, few more bees & flowers. Although this card looks busy, there are actually very few die cuts needed.

CARD FOUR

For this card, I have used a little bit of everything from the collection. As I mentioned before, there are some very cool stamp elements which add instant impact. Using my Nuvo Diamond Hybrid inks, I created a stamped border down one edge of my card.


I have die cut the jam jar out of white card but all the detail added has been from the stamp set. Even the "lemonade" has been created using a Nuvo blending sponge & Rubber Duck hybrid ink. I've added a die cut tag & some fruit elements as finishing touches.



CARD FIVE

Probably out of all my cards, this one is the simplest in it's shape/design using most of the elements traditionally. I have die cut the jam jar and then used the strawberry stamp to fill the inside.


For the lid, I thought I'd play with my felt. The dies didn't disappoint and cut through it like a dream. I've used 2 colours to match the theme and finished with an offcut of ribbon.

JAM JAR COLLECTION

In the collection there are 2 different die sets & 2 different stamp sets. Although each of the elements will and can work independently, they do look wonderful when all combined.

 Tonic Studios Jam Jar Collection

The complete collection has 66 dies & 30 stamps! 
You can see everything HERE.


Tonic Studios bring out lots of wonderful products but have to say, these are in my Top 10 for 2020. I think it's because they embrace both the stamper & die cut crafter in me. Does that make sense?

How's your lockdown going? We seem to be having a big spring clean at the moment. The first major job was tackling the reams of paperwork we have accumulated over the years. Our poor shredder ...

Stay safe everyone & be kind to yourselves,

Lou
x x x

Supplies
Links to multiple on line shops provided below. 
Affiliated links are used at no extra costs to you.

Comments

Sue Crease said…
I love them all but 2 is my most favourite 😁. Hugs to you stay safe xx
KarinsArtScrap said…
what great and cute candy dies Lou and love the cards they are all very beautiful, they cheer you up

gr karin