Pronty Crafts MDF Bunting - 2 sides, 2 different designs!

Good morning and boy oh boy was it an early morning for me today! Showered, dressed & full make up applied ready for my 7am show on Hochanda. All this was done ready to take a Skype call with Hochanda. Would Skype work for me ... errr a big fat NO! Oh well, it was great to get dressed up any ways especially as I can't remember the last time I put make-up on.

My first demo for the show was showing how you could use the Pronty Crafts MDF bunting but rather than just decorate it all the same, I thought it would be fun to decorate each side differently.




BOLD & BRIGHT SIDE

I really wanted to use the bunting to get the maximum from it & decided early on that  I was going to decorate each side differently. One side was definitely going to be bold and bright ...


I actually love how this side turned out & it looked stunning in my pear tree. The sun was shining upon it & there was a gentle breeze.


The bunting is a substantial size & with 5 pieces in each pack, a brilliant buy. Check out the Hochanda website for all the details.


I have used a mix of Pronty A4 mask stencils - a different one on each piece - with Decoart acrylic paints. Below is a link to a YouTube video showing how I decorated each piece.

SOFT & VINTAGE SIDE


On the opposite side, I have gone completely different! Lots of Decoart Crackle paste, Decoart paints & Ciao Bella rice papers.


A few added extra bits of "fluff" or trims were added to keep up with the feel. Again the bunting looked superb hanging in my pear tree.


Did you spot the birdhouse?


BIRDHOUSE

The birdhouse comes with the bunting & it is a beautiful, two story design. After assembling the MDF panels, I decorated the birdhouse to match the bunting.


Doesn't it look cool sitting in my pear tree? The sun beams really show off the design and all the textural elements.


In the photo above, you can see how the "pop" of Oxide Yellow Decoart Fluid media highlights the stencils & crackle paste.


I decided not to use the perch, which sits underneath the main window/hole as didn't want to break up the front detail.

Should quickly add, that everything was sealed with a couple of coats of ModPodge Outdoor - well I do want everything to last!

YOUTUBE VIDEO

I have compiled my demo for Hochanda in to one clip but it shows a lot of the Pronty A4 stencil masks in greater detail, plus a good nose at all the Decoart acrylic paints.




Which side do you prefer? Bold & bright or soft & vintage. I'm lucky because al I need to do is move my chair around the garden to get lots of different views.

Stay safe everyone & be kind to yourselves,

Lou
x x x

ps: will try and get you some links so you can see all the items I have used.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
it looks great and cheerful Lou

Gr Karin