Stamping for ME because I needed to using LDRS/Polkadoodles Eleganza stamps & matching dies

If you are not aware, I am in the process of re-organising my craft space. I've decided this is a "long haul" thing & want to do it so I am not always having a "groundhog day" every 6 months or so. The first area I have decided to sort is my stamps. I've bought the storage, organised my stamps & am now beginning to decide how I label them. This has thrown up a whole host of side issues but that's another thing altogether 😂

Anyways, while going through my stamps, I found sets I have had for years & years. Some were bought "on a whim", others I loved & used constantly for ages but then I put them away. It was really great fun putting them back on to stamp blocks, inking & colouring them. One set I discovered was a beautiful set of flowers from LDRS called "Eleganza". My heart began to sing & just had to play ...



MY PROJECT

The stamps were designed by Nikky Hall (Polkadoodles) for LDRS, so have that fun element to them. They also have the bonus of matching dies! I began by just stamping each of the images, multiple times & then have coloured them with my Nuvo Aqua Flow pens.


Using the dies, I cut out the images I wanted & the other bits, I cut by hand - obviously using scissors as I'm not quite Edward Scissor Hands. I've layered the flowers on to another neglected die set, discovered when re-organising my dies - Polkadoodles Ribbon/Gift Frame & Corners (sadly discontinued).


To break up all the layers, I've added a piece of card coloured with my Aqua Flow pens, plus a few Super Sprig die cuts & some twine. Gotta add at this point that I do love my twine stash & think I have 3 times as much twine as ribbon! Not added a sentiment because I didn't want to ...!

MY THOUGHTS ...

Do you know what? I'm am so chuffed with myself that I have played with these stamps & dies because even if they are not the latest trend, I think it does prove that all our craft stash is always "on trend" & can be used from one year to the next. All we need to do is look at the new colour trend for the year we're in & colour our images to suit. Being me, I did look at the Pantone colours for 2020 ...


Well, what are you going to dig out 
& dust off today? 

I have a few other stamp sets here that are crying out for some "inky love" but going to go out in the garden first & enjoy the blue skies & beautiful sunshine.

Hoping you are all well, not too stir crazy & most importantly, staying at home.

Be safe my crafting friends,

Lou
x x x

SUPPLIES - as most of the items I have used are discontinued - purpose of the post - it is hard to link to the stamps & dies used. However, I have found the stamps & matching dies in Scrapbook.com & LDRS Creative.

Nuvo Aqua Flow pens can be found on the Tonic Studios UK/Rest of the World store & Tonic Studios US store & are 30% off during April.


Comments

Sue Crease said…
This is so beautiful 😍
KarinsArtScrap said…
wow gorgeous Lou and a great design love it
Gr Karin
Monica C. said…
Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you have done here.
Hugs Monica