Tim Holtz Distress Crayons, stencils & stamps to create an art journal page

Gosh it's a very early start today! Alarm set, (which I haven't had to do for ages), showered & dressed, face on ready for a Skype call in to Hochanda TV at 7am! It was simply fabulous to catch up with Janice in the studio, plus to get a chance to talk about all the wonderful Tim Holtz goodies on offer.

As we are not going to the Hochanda TV studios, for the moment, guests send in video demos. This still allows us the chance to show case the products on offer, explain how they work & hopefully, inspire. The show today is a wonderful homage to Tim Holtz with a superb range of goodies.

This was my first demo piece - an art journal page ...



ART JOURNAL PAGE

I had a wonderful time laying down my background using a range of the distress crayons. I love to blend the crayons with my distress felt pads. Now I know we normally use these with alcohol inks but they are perfect as a "wet" blending tool. I just spritz the pad with a little water & ready to go.


Before laying down all my colours, I did mask off some areas as I wanted to create "windows" for my butterflies to be displayed within. After an initial wash of colour, I used a selection of Tim Holtz stencils, again with the crayons, to add further depth & texture.


To break up all my colour & also to tie in the masked off areas, I have used Stampers Anonymous Flower Jar stamps. These stamps are simply wonderful and create fabulous focal points.


When I was happy with my background, I removed my masks & added the butterflies. Aren't they just wonderful designs? In awe of the designs. The initial plan was just to leave the butterflies un-coloured but I simply couldn't resist colouring them up - again with distress crayons.


As my final stamping bit, I have used a selection of sentiment stamps from Paula Pascal's Bright Rosa range. They just work brilliantly & the perfect finishing touch.

YOUTUBE VIDEO

I have put all my demo clips together and created one video showing how I created my art journal from start to finish.


On the Hochanda TV shows, sometimes our VTs need to be "clipped" so that they fit in with the shows timings.

HOCHANDA TV

Here are the different ways you can tune in to Hochanda:

FREEVIEW channel 85          SKY channel 673            FREESAT 817

Via Apple App (for Apple devices)                     Via Android app (download from Google store)

ROKU TV stick                     Amazon Fire TV stick                  www.hochanda.com

Now that was my demo piece for the 7am show but I have a brand new demo for the 11am show. Hope you can tune in.

I hope my art journal has inspired you to either buy & try some Tim Holtz distress crayons or dust off the ones you have & play.

Today is also 75th anniversary for VE Day. We have a civilised, social distancing cream tea planned with our neighbours out in our front gardens. Do you have any plans to celebrate VE Day?

Take care everyone, stay safe, stay well & stay at home,

Lou
x x x

Supplies
Links to multiple on line shops provided below. 
Affiliated links are used at no extra costs to you.
Many, many thanks for your continued support.


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
cheerful and beautiful cards Lou
Gr Karin