Quick cards using leftover backgrounds

 A wee while ago I decided to go through my huge pile of gelli plate prints and split them in to 3 piles: ones I loved, ones that needed a little tweaking & ones I really didn't love. It was the latter that I decided to work on because even though I didn't want to use them, I still didn't want to "recycle" them. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that even though I had fallen out of love with them, I still couldn't abandon them.

Grabbing a whole host of stamps from JMC Designs Craftella Collection, I stamped on these backgrounds and created the following cards ...


LIFE IS ART, PAINT YOUR DREAMS

I've used a background that had a huge stripe of yellow on it with a few pink stripes. Not sure why I put those colours together but that day I obviously thought they'd look cool. After stamping my images out and layering, the background isn't quite as offensive now.

I stamped & cut out lots of different images from Nature's Pallet, Stitching Pretty & Mixed Media Maggie.

A little bit of washi tape to finish & a few sequins and actually love how everything has layered together. Gotta add ... isn't that sentiment just ACE?


ALWAYS BE CREATIVE

For this card, I have used the background and cut it to fit my card front. I created a border using the border design stamp from Mixed Media Maggie stamp set to add a focal point.


With the left over bits of paper, I stamped & cut out lots of elements from Stitching Pretty & Pretty Creative stamp sets, layering them to create a huge floral scene.


Using my Lyra Rrembrandt pencils, I've coloured in some of the stamped details & finished with another cool sentiment.


BEAUTIFUL THINGS COME TOGETHER

For my slimline card, I have stamped my card design directly on to the card front so I can use this as a template for my stamped background elements. Most of the stamp designs are from Stitching Pretty stamp set. 


After stamping & cutting out all my elements, I have then stuck them in place. As a finishing touch I have added some washi tape and a few stamped dangles.


Do you know, I really should do this more often. It was liberating to just stamp, cut & create without a real plan in my head. I suppose the only plan was to use up my backgrounds. Only downside ... the clearing up! 

Many thanks for popping by today and hope to ctach up with you all really soon,


Lou
x x x

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
these are fabulous backgrounds and beautiful cards Lou
Gr Karin
Marie Eden said…
Hi Lou,It's always surprising to see how wonderful unloved background papers can be when viewed from a different perspective. I especially like the Always be Creative card. Thanks for sharing your ideas and inspiration, off now to try it out.