Art journal pages using Fairy images - same design, different colours - Polkadoodles Serenity Fairy images

 I think it's absolutely fabulous when we can take the same image and push it as far as possible. This is what I really wanted to do with Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dream stamp.

I created a double page spread in my Dina Wakley mixed media journal to show case the same image side by side but both are in completely different directions.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

JUST BE YOURSELF 

For this side of my page, I have gone very floral & pretty colouring Serenity in what we would perceive in "girly" colours. 


Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

I've added layers of stencilling & placed Serenity Butterfly Dreams on tag decorated with papers from Spring Surprise paper pack. Serenity has been coloured with Copic markers with a few white Sakura gelly roll pen highlights.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

The sentiment is from Polkadoodles Ula Be Yourself stamp set and I think it just fits in perfectly with the theme of the page but more importantly, works in tandem with the page opposite.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

All the embellishments: arrows, tag, sequins etc are identical to the "darker" page but in complimentary colours to match how Serenity has been coloured.


ODD ISN'T A BAD THING

Now this side of the page, is completely different in colour & tone, however the layout is roughly the same as the opposite page. This time I have gone for Dina Wakley gloss sprays to create the background & also to splash a wee bit of colour on the die cuts too.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims


I have coloured Serenity to appear a wee bit more gothic in appearance & used my pencils rather than pens. I suppose I wanted to also show that you can colour Serenity with any medium - basically whatever you have in your stash.



The sentiment is from Polkadoodles Weirdre Be True to Yourself & love how it works perfectly with this version of Serenity. I also think it works even better as a sentiment, when you see the two pages side by side.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

Again Serenity is sitting on the same tag & exactly same embellishments used, although in a different colour way: arrows, tag, sequins etc. 


WHICH PAGE?

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims

Which design sings to you the most? Why? For me as the creative, I love both the Serenity Butterfly Dreams pages because they each allowed me to play with different elements of my crating stash to create the backgrounds. Also restricting myself to a limited supply of images & embellishments really made me push my crafty goodies as much as possible. I just think it's amazing how colour can totally change the way you envisage what something should appear.

YouTube Video

The Serenity Fairy stamp sets were aired on The Craft Store on 14th March and if you click the link below, you can see the show with all the different samples I created. You will also be able to see two of my demo pieces using the Serenity Fairy images.

Polkadoodles Serenity Fairy Collection. All show samples by Lou Sims

Click on the image above and wind forward to 8:02:30 to see the sample being created.


Well today is meant to be a scorching 23 today but so far, I'm not feeling it one bit. Sat here in my jumper, looking out the window struggling to see any blue sky. Gardening plans put on hold but will what happens later in the day.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay safe & well, 

Lou
xxx

SUPPLIES

If you want to find out about the products I have used, click on the shop link(s)/icon below.
 Some links are affiliated but at no cost to you. Affiliate disclosure can be found here.
 Thank you so much for your continued support.

Polkadoodles Serenity Butterfly Dreams by Lou Sims




Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
you have made beautiful pages with great backgrounds Lou

gr karin
Hyder Ak47 said…
I have book mark your site it has a great article I read free time thnks
Rattan Furniture Fairy Discount