Art Journal along with me - FULL step by step tutorial - Be YOU & the world will adjust

I have been wanting to use image stamps with my Shady Designs stamps for a long while now and recently Dolly Dimples Crafts released a NEW set of stamps called "Sisters of Serenity". Oh my, I couldn't believe how well they worked with my background ideas.

Art journal page tutorial by Lou Sims using Shady Design stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts stamps.

The above art journal page was created in a Facebook Live and was created step by step. I have now uploaded the live to my YouTube channel to make it easier for everyone to follow along and craft with me. Link below.

Be YOU & the world will adjust

As the image I have used, called Mindfulness, is about serenity, calm, peace & strength, I really wanted to keep the colours both soft & calming too. I have kept to a limited colour palate to create the background.

Art journal page tutorial by Lou Sims using Shady Design stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts stamps

The background was made using a mix of my Shady Designs stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts Layering stamps. There is a lot of over stamping but again, kept to the same colours. I think this helped create the soft background I was looking for.

Art journal page tutorial by Lou Sims using Shady Design stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts stamps

The main image is from the Mindfulness stamp set with accessory stamped images taken from all three of the Sisters of Serenity stamp sets:Mindfulness, Strength & Star Gazing. All the images were stamped on to Sentimentally Yours Silky Smooth card which as been designed for alcohol pens. All images coloured with Sentimentally yours Colour Radiance pens. Side note ... I am loving this card as it does what it says on the tin!

Art journal page tutorial by Lou Sims using Shady Design stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts stamps

I have kept a white border around my page as wanted to have the illusion of a frame without having to mat & layer on to another piece of card. I have edged the outline using one of the accessory stamps which could also double to create dangle elements.

Art journal page tutorial by Lou Sims using Shady Design stamps & Dolly Dimples Crafts stamps

To keep the illusion of a framed page, all the decorative stamps along the edge, have been cut in half. I have also added some uncoloured stamped images to create a contrast.

To be honest, I am super chuffed how this page came together and how Ann-Marie's images work seamlessly alongside mine


Come journal with me video tutorial

Now I have uploaded the full Facebook Live, which I appreciate is a considerable length. However you can move to the sections you would prefer to see as I have broken the video down in to stages.


00:00 to 03:50 introduction
03:51 to 22:33 making the background 23:24 to 1:04:42 stamping and colouring the images 1:04:42 to 1:25:20 collaging to create final piece.

I do hope that there is something for everyone in the video whether it be background building ideas or even colouring the stamped images. Please let me know what you think.


Sisters of Serenity stamps

Ann-Marie Huchison, the designer of the stamps, drew the images during lockdown. She wanted the images to be about mindfulness, serenity and calm. A complete contrast to all the news we were being flooded with about what was happening in the world at that time. If you adore the images and what they convey, all the stamp sets are available at Dolly Dimples Crafts.

Sisters of Serenity clear stamp sets - Dolly Dimples Crafts


To me the images convey all those emotions and I think bring a bit of peace & quiet to my finished art journal page.


Thank you ever so much for popping by today and also for taking the time to join in with me.

Until next time 

Lou
xxx

Listed below are the supplies I have used to create my art journal page. Please note that a few of the links are affiliated which means I earn a small commission for any purchase. Thank you ever so much for your support.

Comments