Art journaling ideas with Shady Designs stamps & stencils

Sometimes you just have to get everything out and create with no plan. That's exactly what I have done with this mixed media art journal piece using my Shady Designs stamps and stencils.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims


I've combined so many things on these pages: background building, doodling, stamping, texture paste, stenciling, collage and the list goes on & on. It was a fabulous way to while away a few hours.

               - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ðŸ’™ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never be the echo ...

For these two pages I wanted to show myself that I could add a bit of everything to a design but still create quickly. My Shady Designs stamps are all about creating quick backgrounds with minimal stamping needed plus no masking techniques either. I've used seedless preserve and salty ocean oxides as my main colours and then built up from there.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims

The background stamping was in the same colours using Shady Designs Encircle stamp set stamped in to 3 corners. Next using two of the smaller stamp elements from the same stamp set, I built up some extra depth. Finally I mixed in a two stamps from Shady Designs Texture 1 stamp set. That means by only using 5 stamps, I have now created a background in an A4 journal.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims

I decided to stamp out lots of different circles from the Shady Designs Sur-Round stamp set, colour them up using Ecoline brush pens & once dry, cut them out. I have placed these in different places on my journal pages.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims

Next I grabbed Shady Designs This way, That Way stencil, a no.12 micron pen and added a few doodle elements here & there. With the same stencil, I decided to grab my Pretty Gets Gritty Sand Texture Paste and added a few textural elements to the background.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims

When you look at the background, it appears that a lot more has happened or the layering is more complicated than it is but that is what I wanted from Shady Designs products. I wanted everyone to be able to create multi-layered backgrounds but with very few stamps. However more importantly, the stamps did both the design and work for you.

Art journal page ideas using Shady Designs stamps & stencils. Project by Lou Sims

After deciding on which sentiment to use from the Shady Designs Clean Inkings paper & card collection, it was then easy to see which image complimented the background - Strength from Dolly Dimples Crafts Sisters of Serenity collection. I've stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured with Phill Martin's Colour Radiance alcohol pens.

I'm actually quite pleased with how my pages turned out but more so as I used purple! That is not normally a colour I gravitate towards although my favourite colours are blues ... strange I know!

                     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ðŸ’™ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Going forward, what ideas would you like me to create using the Shady Designs range of products? I am looking in to doing workshops - both online and in person - but would love to tailor them to what crafters would love to create rather than me thinking what I think you would love. I do hope that makes sense? Drop me an email with any suggestions or alternatively, leave a comment below.


Many thanks for your company today & your continued support.

Until next time,

Lou
xxx

Supplies
Direct links to the main supplies used to create my project.

 

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
fantastic and very beautiful Lou

gr karin