Gift bag ideas for any occasion - with free template

Sharing an idea for gift bags which can be adapted for any time of the year or occasion. These ones are for Christmas but change colours, stamps & papers and easily convert to other occasions.

Step by step YouTube video below.

Gift bags

I wanted to create a gift bag that I could use for any occasion with any craft supply I may fancy crating with. These bags I have decorated for Christmas using a mix of Ciao Bella Paper stamps & stencils.


I used the template (at the bottom of this post), & cut out my card. Next I created the background with distress oxide inks, Ciao Bella Paper December Joy & Swan Lake stamp sets plus Ciao Bella Paper Sangello Lace & Autumn Leaves stencils.


I have used a mix of stamped elements from both stamp sets to add my embellishments. All have been stamped & coloured with distress oxide inks.


I punched two holes in the bag flap and also in the layer behind. This gave me somewhere to thread the ribbon. I have also stamped the swan image twice so that it looks compete when the bag is closed or a full image once the flap has been raised.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YouTube video

The video shows how to both create and decorate the bags. Template is at the bottom of this post. I hope you enjoy the video and please tag me if you create any of these gift bags.


If for some reason the video does not play, please click HERE

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ðŸ’™ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Additional gift bags


I simply could not resist making more gift bags but this time in different colour ways. Decoration is very similar on each but I have used the ribbon closure in different ways.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ðŸ’™ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FREE Template


Right click on the photo and save to your PC. Use the measurements to trace out on to your favourite card or paper(s).

Dashed lines = crease

Solid lines = cut lines

I am in the process of reproducing the template in a graphics programme and will add to this post once finished. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ðŸ’™ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thank you ever so much for popping over today. Each visit is greatly appreciated.

Until next time,

Lou
xxx


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
very beautiful bags Lou, thanks for template and a Happy New Year

gr karin