Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling

What a slightly strange blog title!  What is "Just for Me" art journaling? When I looked up the definition it said ...

"is a form of journaling that focuses on personal expression and creativity, without any regard for external expectations or judgments. It's a space where you can explore your thoughts, emotions, and experiences without the pressure to create something perfect or pleasing to others."

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

Read more below and why I am doing this in 2023.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

"Just For Me" art journaling

Over the last year I have learned that we can't please all of the people all of the time & this shouldn't eat us up. We are also "marmite" to someone, and that's okay too. I think I allowed other people to rent space in my head, dictate how I should create and still make me feel as if I was the guilty party. For 2023, I wanted to make time to create how I felt that day: if I shared it was okay, if I didn't share that too was okay.

One of my crafty crushes is Dina Wakley. I adore how she creates freely, follows no rules and makes what she wants on that day. If you don't like it, tear or cut it up to make another piece. This got me thinking that maybe at least once a month, I should find time to do just that "just for me".

So here begins the journey ...

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Each Day is a new day to refresh your soul

This was the quote I knew would be what sparked this art journal page. I grabbed a few paints, gloss sprays, some old collage papers, stamps & then just threw it all down. Before I knew it, I had covered two pages in my A5 Dylusions journal.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

I looked at the stopwatch I had beside me and that took all of 12 minutes, 37 seconds. It amazed me how quickly I had made something in such a short amount of time. So off I went on the next part of the journey to add more layers.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

I grabbed a few more collage bits and went back in to that world of my own; sticking things here, splodge of that over there ...

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

Do I like these pages? Not really, in fact I LOVE THEM because I created without any goal other than the goal to give myself time to "just be me" creatively that day.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I was initially reluctant to share my pages but then realised my blog is part of me and my creative journey, so "Just for Me" really did also need to be on here too.

I've set aside time in my calendar, even set an alarm, so I don't find an excuse not to do "just for me" in February.

Until next time, take care,


Lou
xxx

Comments