Gel plate printing ideas for cardmaking

Whilst doing a mass video editing session, I came across this video that I had made at the end of October 2022! I thoroughly enjoyed making this video, as it was made, with no real idea of what was going to happen next.

Using my Gelli Arts 7" x 5" gel plate, a handful of DecoArt paints plus my Personal Impressions texture stamps, I began printing and suddenly these cards appeared from the backgrounds I made...


You can see the YouTube video further down this post along with a list of all supplies used.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I made the video with no fixed idea other than I wanted to do some gel printing and was inspired by what I saw out of my window. After doing all my gel printing, I used all the backgrounds straight away to make 3 cards. I still have extra backgrounds left that I can use for future projects too.

If the thumbnail link does not work, click HERE instead

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are the three cards I made ...

You are special to me


This was one of the backgrounds made in the video used as my main panel. The leaves have been cut out from the mop up pieces & other gel prints

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

True Friendship is you & me



The background for this card is actually one of my mop up pieces. I added a few die cut elements using one of the other background plus more leaves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Keep being YOU


This background was probably one of my least favourite! I love the colours but wasn't a fan of all the layering. HOWEVER ... seeing it now on this card, I actually love all the depth of colour. I die cut a background in the panel, added some twine, and again a whole host of leaves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 💙 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was fun just to print with no fixed idea and let the paint colours, the layers and stamps take me on a creative journey. Do you have crafting sessions like that too?

Now to go see what other videos I've made and not edited - I feel that there could be quite a few!

Until next time. Take care,

Lou
xxx

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
these are gorgeous cards Lou with fab bg

gr karin