Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling

Art journaling is a wonderful way to express yourself creatively and document your thoughts and feelings. But what if you're new to art journaling, or you're feeling a little bit intimidated? That's where "Just for Me" art journaling comes in.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

You can use any materials you like for "just for me" art journaling. There are no rules or limits. Just have fun and experiment!

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Nothing changes if nothing changes

This quote speaks volumes to me. Hindsight, or reflection, are fabulous for making us realise when we should have made changes but for whatever reason, we didn't. I knew that there was certain changes I needed to have made in 2021/2022 but put them off. Partly because awkward conversations were needed and partly because whatever I said, did or didn't do, I would be in the wrong. For a "quiet life" I pushed them to one side. However by doing so, the constant negativity ate away at me.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

The above really influenced the pages I am sharing this month. They are a riot of colour, mis-matched imagery & with no real direction - sums up the "nothing changes if nothing changes" vibe.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

I added a stamped background using a dark blue ink but as soon as I did that, didn't like it! Then came a layer of shocking pink. Sat back and thought "yuk" and added some gesso but because I hadn't let the ink really dry, came this mish mash of colours!

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

I then covered this with some left over Dina Wakley collage papers and a few stamped flowers (from Shady Designs Floral Frames), in the original ink colours I didn't like - this page was going nowhere by this time! I added the sentiment and a few bits of washi tape, looked back and thought .. what the ...!

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

My initial thought was to either cover everything in gesso & start again, stick the pages together & start again or just tear them out & start again. I'm really chuffed with myself that I didn't do any of the previous as surely that would go against why I began "Just for Me" journaling?

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I am definitely viewing this months pages as "embracing imperfection" and letting go of the need to create amazing pieces of art all of the time. These pages came about by how I was feeling as I made them & there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

I can't believe it's April and I haven't given up or become distracted: roll on May.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Comments