Card ideas using Sweet Dixie flower stamps

A wee while back, I demoed for Personal Impressions using a range of floral stamps from their Sweet Dixie range.

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

More details about each card can be found below.

Full list of everything used to make cards can be found at the bottom of this post.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Get Well Soon

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

I stamped the Anemone stamp on to water colour card & added colour using my Ecoline pens. When dry, cut out the image & added a layer of glossy accents. This was then layered on to a die cut panel from Sweet Dixie Filigree Floral die set.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Missing You

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

For the background, I have stamped the Primrose several times and then embossed with Sweet Dixie Cyprus Green embossing powder. I then stamped out the primrose image again, embossed with Sweet Dixie Ultra Fine Mirror Gold embossing powder. Everything was then coloured with Ecolines before being cut out. I then added them back to the background with 3D foam pads.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Sending Special Wishes

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

I have used the Sweet Dixie Shaped Tags die set to create my card base and also all my layers. I stamped the Anemone image, coloured with Ecoline pens & then cut out. To make it appear that I have stamped more than once, I cut the image in half, placing on an outside edge. I finished the card by adding the Wren bird image to bridge the gap.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

To Someone Special

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

This card has been made in exactly the same way as the card above. The only difference is that I have used the Blue Tit stamp image to bridge the gap between the flowers.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Lilies

Sweet Dixie Floral stamp sets. Handmade cards created by Lou Sims

I stamped my image on to water colour card & as before, coloured with Ecoline pens. Once dry, I cut the lilies out and added some glossy accents. The image was then added on to a die cut background - Sweet Dixie Loops & Swirls - which in turn was added to some vintage papers.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -


These cards are not my normal card making style but I thoroughly enjoyed stepping outside my comfort zone.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Below are links to the products used to make all my cards.

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
these are very beautiful cards Lou and great stamps

gr karin