Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling

If you're looking for a new way to approach art journaling, consider trying "just for me" art journaling. This type of art journaling is all about creating for yourself, without any pressure to perform or create something perfect. It's a chance to explore your own thoughts, feelings, and ideas without any judgment.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling  by Lou Sims

This month was all about remembering ... "just for me"

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Before you say good-night

We have a trip to Ireland coming up to celebrate my mum's 80th birthday and whilst I am super excited to be sharing the day with her & the family, it is also a huge reminder that our dog, Ty, would not be part of the adventure. This was our first car visit to Ireland without him since he passed.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling  by Lou Sims

I wanted the pages to be colourful but also reflective.The inky background was made using oxide sprays and then a little bit of stenciling over the top. All the ephemera pieces are from a range of different idea-ology ephemera packs.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling  by Lou Sims

The phrases were from Tim Holtz idea-ology Clippings Sticker Book. I choose different phrases that I thought went together to make a paragraph or poem of such. It reads as follows:

Dearly beloved, we are gathered together.
The flowers appear on the earth;
thoughts that whisper to my heart
thinking of earlier days.
Give me a few moments
to dream of all the happy days
Before you say good-night.

Before I added the stickers, I did add splats of white, gold, green & a soft brown. They tie the two pages together. I was also amazed at how quickly everything came together. These pages took about 20 minutes, from start to finish.


Although these pages "hit home", it was wonderful afterwards to go through all the photos we have of Ty, share memories and remember him with great love.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Art journaling is a wonderful way to express your creativity and explore your inner world. It can be a therapeutic and cathartic experience, and it's a great way to relax.

I hope my ideas inspire you to unleash your inner artist with "just for me" art journaling. It's a fabulous and rewarding way to express yourself and connect with your creativity.

June next and that means half the year will have flown by!

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx






Comments