Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling

Art journaling can be a very personal experience. It can be a place where you can express your thoughts, feelings, and emotions without judgment. So don't be afraid to let your guard down and be yourself. This could by the quotes you use or by the different ways you use your mediums. "Just for ME" pages, for me, give me confidence to do both without the pressure.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

One of the best things about art journaling is that there are no rules. You can experiment with different techniques and materials to find what works best for you.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

People will always put you in a box ...

I came across this quote when I was feeling a little frustrated one day. It actually summed up how I was feeling but also made me realise that I also hold the solution. These pages are all about those boxes.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

The background colour was quickly made using Dina Wakley gloss sprays with a paintbrush. Quick coverage and vibrant pops of colour. Who said the boxes need to be dark to be overwhelming? A little extra stamping using one of my own texture stamps.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

Next came all those boxes which I layered on top of each other adding pops of colour and faux stitching. I added more boxes using little pieces of collage I had in my "collage bit box". I went round with a micron pen to add emphasis.

Unleashing my inner artist with "Just for Me" art journaling by Lou Sims

Not sure why, but then added some floral bits using my Shady Designs Floral Frames stamps. I just fancied adding in some other elements. Does it work, who knows, but at the time it worked for me. That's what is important about my "Just for ME" pages ... they work for me.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I am having a wee giggle at one of the collage pieces which spookily mentions a date in June. That date has no significance at all and total coincidence that it's on my page. Even weirder, I didn't make the page on 18th June either!

I hope these ideas inspire you to start your own "just for me" art journal. It's a great way to connect with your inner artist and express yourself in a unique and personal way.

If you want to see any of my previous pages, use the search bar at the top of my blog and key in "just for me".

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
Lou this is gorgeous again I love the pastel colors you used every time

gr karin