Crafting your mark: Unforgettable card ideas with Shady Designs Make Your Own Bit Stamp Set

Shady Designs' "Make Your Own Bit" stamp set is a delightful invitation to unleash your inner artist and create unique and personalised cards for any occasion. This versatile stamp set offers a blank canvas for endless creative possibilities. Sharing two ideas that are similar in layout but also have their own twists!

For extra inspiration, I have created a FREE PDF project booklet showing THREE different card ideas using Shady Design "A Bit On The Side Collection".

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Today is YOUR Day

I wanted to use the main focal butterfly(ish) image from the Shady Designs "Make Your Own Bit" stamp set to make a shaped element to my card. I cut a panel measuring 5.5" square and stamped this diagonally. I then cut away the wing portion. Adding a black mat layer to this panel, I added to my 6" card base using 3D foam pads.

Next I stamped the other butterfly inspired image 3 times to make a flower. After colouring, I cut away just the wings which formed the petals. This was then added on to my card.

Further down this post, there is a downloadable, step by step with photographs, PDF booklet showing how to make this card in greater detail.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Find Joy in every new day

For this card, I have used the same main focal image from Shady Designs "Make Your Own Bit" but stamped it to make a butterfly. I next added the tag portion or you could say the "bit" part. I didn't want it to join up perfectly but be a focal image too.

I then stamped the butterfly again, coloured and added it on top with 3D foam. As a finishing touch, I stamped & coloured some flowers, adding them to my card. Finally, I added the sentiment.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

PDF Project Booklet

I have created a PDF booklet showing 3 different ideas using Shady Design "A Bit On The Side Collection". It has full step by steps, with photographs. Click on the image below to be able to download the booklet, or click HERE if that link does not work.


I would love to see your take on these designs. Please do share with me as it's fabulous when we all inspire each other.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Additional Tips:

  • Combine the Make Your Own Bit stamps with other Shady Designs stamp sets to add even more dimension and detail to your cards.
  • Use different colored ink pads to create vibrant and playful designs.
  • Experiment with different stamping techniques, such as layering, embossing, and masking, to add texture and depth to your creations.
  • Don't be afraid to make mistakes! The beauty of hand-drawn art lies in its imperfections and unique character.
- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

So, gather your supplies, unlock your imagination, and let the Shady Designs' "Make Your Own Bit" stamp set guide you on a journey of card-making magic!

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
these are beautiful cards Lou and I wish you fine Christmas days........gr karin