Unveiling balance: A Libra art journal spread with Pink Inks Astrology stamps

Hello, art journaling enthusiasts! Today, I'm diving into the world of celestial inspiration with a spread centered around the Libra zodiac sign, using the captivating Pink Inks Astrology Libra stamp set and a touch of inky, stardust magic.

A Libra art journal spread with Pink Inks Astrology stamps - project idea by Lou Sims

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Embracing the Scales:

Libra, the sign of balance and harmony, is often depicted by scales. In this spread, I wanted to capture the essence of Libra's balanced nature through color and composition.

Materials:

  • Art Journal
  • Pink Inks Astrology Stamp Set (Libra)
  • Pink Ink Ink It Inks (optional)
  • Pink Ink Stardust Powders (optional)
  • Black Micron Pen (03)
  • Black ink pad suitable to your colouring medium
  • Stamp slims or blocks
  • Watercolour card
  • Paint brushes

This piece began on an A4 piece of water colour card adding a few splashes of Ink It inks in Saffron & Garnet. When it was dry I stamped the Libra image over the inky part I like the best. Libra has been coloured with Ink It inks and highlights added using Copper Kettle & Treasure Chest Sparkle Powders.

A Libra art journal spread with Pink Inks Astrology stamps - project idea by Lou Sims

As she appeared to be floating, I grounded the image by creating my stamped border. From the border I added lots of foliage pieces, varying their length, avoiding stamping over the moon & scales images.

A Libra art journal spread with Pink Inks Astrology stamps - project idea by Lou Sims

Using a Sakura micron pen, I coloured in lots of the smaller stamped details to create a contrast. Now I decided to trim the piece down to fit inside my journal but made the biggest mistake ever! I let the paper slip and ended up cutting off a diagonal piece. I could have cried!

A Libra art journal spread with Pink Inks Astrology stamps - project idea by Lou Sims

This meant I had to trim the sides making my overall design much smaller. I still added it to my art journal but it now looked "odd & disjointed". To counteract this, I stamped on the outside extending the background and added the different sentiments/words. It's not perfect but I am happy overall.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Finding Your Balance: (get the pun?)

This art journal spread is just a starting point! The beauty of art journaling lies in its freedom of expression. Don't be afraid to experiment with different techniques, colours and embellishments to create a Libra-inspired spread that resonates with your own artistic vision.

I'm going to say that this page is my "Just For Me" art journal page for September as the page was actually created because I wanted to try out this new stamp set.

You can check out my other "Just For Me" art journal pages for this year, by typing "Just For Me" in the search box at the top right of my blog.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

If new to Pink Ink Designs, they are available from the following places:


I am sure that there are probably lots more craft shops that sell Pink Ink products but the shops above, I do know carry all the different Pink Ink lines.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Many thanks for popping over to my blog today; each visit is treasured.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Supplies used to create my page:

Comments