Warm Winter Wishes from Shady Designs

As the designer of Shady Designs, I believe that crafting is more than just a hobby; it's a way to express love, share joy, and spread warmth plus also discover yourself as an artist/crafter - whichever title you prefer. For me, Shady Design stamps have to cross over to lots of crafting styles and that includes non-Christmas/Winter stamps becoming Christmas/Winter stamps!

A quick idea using Shady Designs Star Flower Frames stamps set to make Christmas/Winter inspired cards.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Warm Winter Wishes

I prefer to use non-generic sentiments because then I can send my cards to whomever. Not all of us celebrate Christmas however love the Winter season. My eldest son's birthday is on 19th December, so we don't send a Christmas card to him but a Winter themed one.

For my cards, I decided to use the Shady Designs Star Flower Frames Collection and by adding a bit of gold, think they make great Christmas/Winter themed cards. I could be a wee bit biased though as they are my stamp designs!


However on the blue card, I think I may have over done the gold paint on the flower petals as the blue has become more green/teal coloured. Lesson learned for next time.

I also do like to make designs in more than one colour. I think it helps me see what colours work and what ones do not. Also stops me using the same colours in all my projects too! However I think the red was more influenced by the fact that is probably one of the dominant colours over the Christmas season.


I think one of the things that I am most chuffed about is how the Frame It Stars die set really does frame the floral images. It's amazing that a die set that makes the waste equally as valuable as the feature dies, is a win, win in my book!

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Finding all my Shady Designs projects

Throughout the year, I have, fingers crossed, shared lots of ideas using all the different Shady Designs ranges. To see all my projects, use the search bar at the top of the blog and type either:

Shady Designs or Shady Designs by Lou Sims

There are also lots of videos over on my YouTube channel too. Click HERE to see them all.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Discount Code

As a heartfelt thank you, I have a discount code to share - 10SD - which gives you 10% off Shady Designs products - (special offers and sales items are excluded). You can see the full Shady Designs range HERE.

Shady Designs is distributed by Dolly Dimples Crafts and a huge thank you to Robbie & Charmain for all their support, nagging and advice.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I do hope that with my original, hand drawn designs, inspiring ideas, and unwavering belief in the power of crafting, (fingers crossed), have inspired you to create something beautiful, share something meaningful, and make2023 one to remember.

A huge thank you to you all for making Shady Designs what it is today and your unwavering support has filled my heart.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Here are the supplies I have used to make my cards:


#shadydesigns #shadydesignsbylousims #starflowerframes #lousims

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
what gorgeous cards and stamps Lou......gr karin
sue said…
hi lou
beautiful cards wishing you and your family a merry christmas & a happy new
sue x