Memories in a Snap: Create a mini memory book from ONE sheet of paper!

Calling all sentimental souls and crafting enthusiasts! Are you looking for a fun and easy way to preserve precious memories on the go? Look no further than this ingenious DIY project - a charming mini memory book crafted from a single sheet of 12" x 12" paper!


This mini book has been designed to fit in an C6 envelope so can be sent as a gift.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Construction

In the interest of transparency, this idea has been around for as long as I can remember but it something I have never tried myself. When I received the Ciao Bella paper Ethereal Collection, I knew it would be perfect.

Using just one sheet of Ciao Bella Paper 12" x 12" paper, I created the fold away mini book. It is made with 3 fold lines and 2 cut lines - see below


Check out the reel further down this post to see how the folds work. Now I have tweaked mine a little because I wanted an extra flap but template above, is the basic and easiest way.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

One page mini album



As you can see, once folded up, the one page mini album fits nicely inside an C6 envelope. I really wanted to do this for 2 reasons -
  1. could be sent as a gift
  2. added to a bigger album in an inner/inside pocket

As you open the first cover piece, I have created areas for journaling and also to place a photo. I have used a punch for the journal strips, decorated with fussy cut elements from the 6" x 6" fussy cut pad.


Open the other cover part and again there is space for both journaling and a photo. The centre piece is the bottom folded pieces, which have been folded upwards (see template above).


As you drop the centre piece downwards, it reveals another area to add photos & journaling. In this section, I created 2 vellum pocket pages held in place with staples.


Open up the sides of the lower part and it shows other areas for photos and journaling. Don't forget to decorate the back too! Sadly I forgot to take a photo of the back!


This photo shows the vellum inserts I added to the book. Inside I have created mini pockets to hold more photos or ephemera pieces.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

One Page Reel

Here is a quick video reel showing how the pages/flaps fold in to create your finished one page mini album. I choose to fold up all parts from the bottom and then fold in the sides but it s horses for courses kinda thing - go with what works for you. 


- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Where to find Ciao Bella Paper Collections?

I am always asked where you can purchase different ranges from Ciao Bella Paper and here are 3 companies who I know stock Ciao Bella Paper - new & older designs
- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I can't wait to see what you make with this idea. There are so many possibilities to expand on the initial designs and stamp your own mark on to it.

Please do follow my crafting journey by following me on all my different social media accounts, sharing posts and videos - all these really help - 

Instagram (@simslou)
Facebook (Lou Sims)

Finally, check out my Pinterest page where I also record all the different Shady Designs projects I have created HERE.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
wowwww fantastic and beautiful Lou........gr karin