Shady Designs' It's A Wreath: Not just for Christmas!

Discover the versatility of the Shady Designs "It's A Wreath" stamp set! This blog post will showcase how to transform this festive design into cards suitable for any occasion, proving that wreaths are not just for Christmas! 


- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

The All-Year Wreath

The Shady Designs It's A Wreath stamp set was designed to be part of the Shady Designs Festive Fusion Christmas Collection HOWEVER it has so many possibilities outside of Christmas!


Yes the stamp set does have bauble images but if you stamp them in a circular pattern you now have flowers. There is also a separate flower and leaf included so you can stamp, cut out and cover the bauble images if you so wish.

The sentiments included are not overtly Christmas but more winter themed but did you notice that the Shady Designs It's A Wreath stamp set also has a "Happy Birthday" sentiment too!

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

For both my cards, I have kept the same layout/background

 idea but changed the base card colour.

Floral Birthday card idea

On to a background made using Pretty Gets Gritty Explosion Powders, on to cream card, I have stamped the main image from the Shady Designs It's A Wreath stamp set. Using the "Warm wishes for you" sentiment, I have stamped this down one side of the wreath.


On a separate piece of card , which was a mop piece from a previous project, I stamped, coloured & cut out a few more flowers & leaves. These were layered on to the wreath design to cover the baubles. As a finishing touch, I stamped out the sentiment again and added to the card front. A few faux pearls were also added.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Winter/Christmas card idea

My background was created in the same way as the card above but with the "Peace, love & joy" sentiment. I also changed the card to a mixed media white rather than cream.


Again, on a separate piece of card , which was a mop piece from a previous project, I stamped, coloured & cut out a few more flowers & leaves. This time I also stamped & cut out some extra baubles images too. I layered all the images up and stamped the sentiment on to a strip of card, which I added with 3D foam pads.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Why not try some of these ideas ...

Springtime Freshness:

Create a spring-themed card using the wreath stamp as a base. Colour the floral elements in soft pastel colours, and layer them covering 3/4 of the wreath design. You could also add spring-inspired embellishments eg: rabbits, nests, Easter eggs.

Summertime Brilliance:

Transform the wreath into a summer-themed design. Use vibrant colours, seaside elements (shells, starfish), or tropical imagery. 

Autumnal Elegance:

Create a warm and inviting autumnal card. Use rich fall colours to colour the leaves and place around the whole design to make a traditional wreath. Add in embellishments such as berries, mushrooms or even pumpkins!

Winter Wonderland:

Transform the wreath into a winter wonderland using just the leaves and then add in snowflakes or berries. Colour in icy blues, and silvers

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

You can see more of my crafting journey via all my different social media accounts. 

Instagram (@simslou)
Facebook (Lou Sims)

Finally, check out my Pinterest page where I also record all the different Shady Designs projects I have created HERE.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Now I have written those ideas down for the Shady Designs It's A Wreath stamp set, I now want to try them out myself! Best get making up some card ideas and practicing what I share (lol).

I really hope you can see the versatility of this stamp set and as the advert tells us "I'm not just for Christmas"!

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx




#shadydesigns
#shadydesignsbylousims
#christmascards
#birthdaycards
#itsawreath
#notjustforchristmas

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
what beautiful cards you have made Lou........gr karin