Think outside the frame: Landscape card ideas with Shady Designs' Frame By Frame

Do you ever crave a creative challenge? Today, we'll push the boundaries and explore how to transform portrait stamp sets into stunning landscape cards using the versatile Shady Designs Frame By Frame Stamp Set. Get ready to unleash your creative thinking and craft landscape designs with a unique twist!


You can watch a short YouTube video HERE.

 - - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Introducing the Frame By Frame Set:

  • The Shady Designs Frame By Frame stamp set is an A5 clear stamp set with one main focal image, separate film cell, accessory images, background stamp & 3 sentiments which fit inside the banner.
  • When I designed the Frame By Frame stamp set, I wanted it to make quick projects whether that be for cardmaking or journaling. It was also important it could be vintage, modern, playful - everything us creatives want without having to over think.
  • To give everyone some of my thoughts behind the Shady Designs Frame By Frame stamp set, there is a co-ordinating workshop.
- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Portrait to landscape: Reimagine your stamps!

Selective Stamping:

What do I mean by selective stamping? It is looking at your stamped designs and seeing if you need to stamp the whole stamp or just portions of the stamp image. See below ...


I have taken the main image from the Frame By Frame stamp set and only stamped/inked the portion I needed to fit the height of the card.

TOP TIP: If you find knowing how much to ink or not to ink, cut your card to size and ink as normal. The stamped image will now be the same size as your card.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Frame Play:

Using the separate frame in the Shady Designs Frame By Frame stamp set, you can create landscape card designs. This could be by stamping each side by side or overlap the frames to create more bespoke designs, See below ...


For this design, I have cut myself a mask to help with placing. This could be using stamp masking products, a sticky note or scrap paper.

 TOP TIP: begin in the middle of your card and work your way out to get even spacing.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Background Magic:

When creating a landscape design, remember to start with your background first ie: add stencil or additional stamping first before adding focal imagery.

In the card below, I have added my layered stenciling first and then the frame designs.

HOWEVER, you can change it up! Created an inky background first BUT then stamp the frames an for an added textural feel. embossing the stencil design on to your background. Blog post & video to follow showing this idea in greater detail.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Happy You Day


Materials:

You can watch a short YouTube video HERE


I began by creating the background using my Hanging Garden stencil with weathered wood oxide. Next I stamped the centre frame first, masked and then stamped the other 2 frames. I filled the frames with smaller floral images (from the same stamp set).


I added the flowers from the Frame It Some More stamp set first and then placed the main frame image over the top. Everything was finished off with a sentiment.


- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Don't forget to check out the short YouTube video HERE showing the steps to create this card too.



Even those these are my stamp designs, I do also love seeing how I can use them in different ways because as a crafter, I want to be able to adapt and get the most from my crafty products too.

Before I go, what type of videos & blog posts would you like me to create with my Shady Design products to help you get the most from all the different Shady Designs stamp, stencils & die set ranges?

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Please do follow my crafting journey by following me on all my different social media accounts, sharing posts and videos - all these really help - 

Instagram (@simslou)
Facebook (Lou Sims)

Finally, check out my Pinterest page where I also record all the different Shady Designs projects I have created HERE.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx



#cardmakingtips #craftinghacks #craftytips #diycrafts 

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
fantastic and fab card Lou....gr karin