From Scraps to Tags: Upcycling Leftovers for Creative Projects

Are you like me and guilty of hoarding those precious cardmaking scraps? Mine are all in a box & although I have good intentions to use them, I forget that they are there! It's time to turn those leftovers into treasure! In my blog post, we'll explore one creative way to repurpose your cardmaking scraps into stunning embellishments which can then be used to create a card.


Links to TWO REELS is further down this post showing - 
  • showing how the tags were mad
  • how used to create my finished handmade card.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Gather your scraps!

I looked through my box and went for designs & colours that were similar as felt it would help turn these "leftovers" into another item. In this instance I have grabbed images from Shady Designs Frame By Frame stamp set.

I used whole images and cut them up and instead of sticking them together, stapled them. I just thought that it added a bit of something what from what I would normally do.

I have also cut up a background piece I found to make the smaller diamond shapes as thought it would tie in the black I had used for the pieces on the end of the tags.

NEXT ....

rather than put them back in the box, I created a card with them! I do not always add sentiments to my finished handmade cards because then it makes for that occasion only. I add the sentiments as and when I send them. Do you do the same?


The main stamp used that created the stamps was Shady Designs Frame By Frame stamp set.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

From scraps to tags to a handmade card REELS

Below are the two reels showing how the tags were made and then how they were turned in to a finished handmade card. Click on the images to be taken to them.

  

If these do not work, click the links below

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Will you now rummage through your precious leftovers/scraps? Why not unleash them & your creativity and explore the endless possibilities of repurposing cardmaking leftovers. Share your favourite embellishment ideas in the comments.

Many thanks for your visiting today & until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx





#cardmakingtips #craftinghacks #diycrafts #papercrafts #cardmakingideas #diyhomedecor #handmadewithlove

Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
gorgeous tags on your card Lou..........gr karin