Creative Ideas with the Shady Designs Leafy Loops Stamp Set

I love a stamp set that gives you lots of ways to play, and the Shady Designs Leafy Loops set is one of those designs. The individual leaf elements can be used to create everything from delicate sprays to fuller wreaths, and changing the background colour completely changes the feel of the finished card.

Selection of handmade cards created using the Shady Designs Leafy Loops stamp set in different colours and arrangements.

I've been playing around with the Leafy Loops set and I'm completely smitten! Okay, I am slightly biased because they are my designs (lol). The individual leaf elements are so versatile, allowing you to create everything from delicate floral sprays to full wreaths.

For all the cards, I used the Leafy Loops stamp set in a similar way, but changed the background colour and arrangement to create a very different finished look.

Card 1: Mixed Media Magic

For the first card, I created a textured background using mowed lawn and twisted citron Distress Oxide inks on to white mixed card. I added a few copper splatters to lighten the background a little. 

Handmade card featuring the Shady Designs Leafy Loops stamp set with a leafy wreath design and coloured background.

On another piece of card, I stamped the Leafy Loops in black Versafine Nocturne ink, coloured with my Sakura Koi pens and cut the images out.

Image showing the stamped bird and quote being placed by the flowers.

I layered up the card design with 3D foam pads and then faffed a little about where to put the bird image! The sentiment is part of the Leafy Loops stamp set. As a finish, I added yellow gold splatters & gold sequins.

Colourful cardmaking background created to complement the stamped Leafy Loops foliage design.

Card 2: Tonal Elegance

For the second card, I started with a pre-coloured tonal green mixed media cardstock, (from Royal Talens). Using the same oxide ink colours: mowed lawn & twisted citron, I added an inky background. This gave me more of a fauna/greenery feel background.

Handmade card featuring a Leafy Loops foliage wreath in a soft colour palette on a coloured card background.

As before, on another piece of card, I stamped the Leafy Loops in black Versafine Nocturne ink, coloured with my Sakura Koi pens and cut the images out. As a finish, I added gold splatters & gold sequins.

Close-up of embossed and coloured Leafy Loops foliage showing the detail of the stamped design.

One of my favourite things about this stamp set is the ability to create a full wreath by adding in the separate leaf element in the gap. I have shown this, in this finished card.

Colourful cardmaking background created to complement the stamped Leafy Loops foliage design on a coloured card

I hope these cards have given you a few ideas for getting more from your Leafy Loops stamp set. I particularly love how changing just the background colour can completely alter the feel of the finished design.

Sometimes it doesn't take a completely different stamp to create something new - just a different colour combination, arrangement or way of using the elements you already have.

Until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx



Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
wow these are gorgeous cards Lou.....gr karin