I'm on a mission or should I say, am challenging myself, that when I create any Gelli printed backgrounds, I try and use them as soon as possible rather than just storing them away for another day. I'm also determined to dust off my older stamp sets too & show them some crafty love.
With this in mind, I thought it would be fun to create some Halloween projects with my printed backgrounds ...
Further how, whys & photos are below plus a link to my YouTube video showing the process from start to finish.
I began by creating a mix of backgrounds using my 7" x 5" Gelli plate with a selection of oxide ink colours that I thought would work with the stamp designs I had in mind. To create different layers, I added torn paper strips to the Gelli plate before beginning & also to see how the prints might look - I suppose something different
Once I had finished printing, I decided to get out a few bunting shaped dies I have had for over 4/5 years! Did say it was also a project about getting out all our older craft supplies to use with the newer ones. I die cut al the backgrounds up as much as I could. the left over bits, I then stamped on ready to use as embellishments.
After I had finished creating all the elements I thought I needed, next came assembling & making the different pieces of bunting. All in all I made four pieces of bunting but had enough bits remaining, that I could make at least another one ... which I still might do!