Create Music/Jazz themed masterpieces in your art journal

Music/jazz-themed art journal pages can be as simple or as elaborate as you like. You can use stamps, stickers, and other embellishments to create a collage of musical symbols and instruments. Or, you can get more creative and design your own unique patterns and designs.

Create Music/Jazz themed masterpieces in your art journal by Lou Sims

For my music themed art journal pages, I have used elements from Ciao Bella paper's Blue Note Collection.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

Life is a lot like jazz: it's best when you improvise.

Doesn't that sentiment just speak volumes! This was the starting point for my pages as I knew I had to use it some how.

Materials:

Instructions:

1] I began by painting stripes of colour using Cadmium Yellow , Indian Turquoise & Navy Blue. The stripes started longer on the left pages and gradually became shorter as I moved over to the next page. The paint was applied with both a brush and also a spatula.

2] Next I added torn pieces of background papers - from Ciao Bella Paper 6" x 6" Blue Note paper pad - following the same pattern idea (as per the paint stripes). These were added using Mod Podge.

Create Music/Jazz themed masterpieces in your art journal by Lou Sims

3] Once the Mod Podge has dried, I added the stenciling detail using Pretty Gets Gritty Acoustic stencil first with Indian Turquoise & then Snow White DecoArt acrylic paint. I used a blending sponge to add the paint.

4] Next came the fun part ... adding all the different jazz/music themed paper embellishment pieces. These were also stuck in place using Mod Podge matt.

Create Music/Jazz themed masterpieces in your art journal by Lou Sims

4] Once I was happy with where everything was placed, I added the quote and finished with a few white paint splatters.

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

This page was inspired by 2 handmade cards I made previously using the Ciao Bella Paper Blue Note Collection. Pop over to that blog post HERE.

Create Music/Jazz themed masterpieces in your art journal by Lou Sims

- - - - - 💙 - - - - -

I'm actually super chuffed with myself not just about the projects I have made but because I have used a collection that I had completely forgotten that I had! Now I need to rummage through my stash and see what else I have hidden away.

Many thanks for popping over today and until next time, take care,

Lou
xxx


Comments

KarinsArtScrap said…
wow Lou what gorgeous cards and layouts, fantastic colours so cheerful

gr karin