Don't let anyone dull your sparkle - Serenity Fairy by Polkadoodles

The previous cards I have made using Polkadoodles Serenity Fairy images have been bright & in the garden themed. Today I am sharing two cards using Serenity Fairy Stardust image with a night sky effect.

Polkadoodles Serenity Fairy stamp collection - card making ideas by Lou Sims

Shop all Polkadoodles products HERE

YouTube Video

The stamp sets were launched on The Craft Store on 14th March 2021 and below is a link for the show which can be found on The Craft Store YouTube channel. I actually demo one of the cards I am sharing today. 

Polkadoodles Serenity Stardust Fairy handmade card by Lou Sims

Click on the image above and wind forward to 8:02:30 to see the sample being created.

Don't let anyone dull your sparkle - idea #1

Using a piece of white card measuring 15cm square, I began by building my background using squeezed lemonade & mustard seed oxide inks. Next taking the Great Outdoors stencil, I began creating a night time, cloudy sky. I began with hickory smoke and then added black soot - both in oxides.

Polkadoodles Serenity Stardust Fairy handmade card by Lou Sims


Serenity Stardust has been stamped with Versafine Clair and coloured with pencils. As a finishing touch, I have added extra details with Sakura Moonlight gelly roll pens. The wings have been given sparkle using a Nuvo glimmer pen.

Polkadoodles Serenity Stardust Fairy handmade card by Lou Sims


The sentiment I have stamped in gold embossing powder and slowly bleached the oxide ink away. When dry, I add a white haze effect using a Sakura white gel pen.

Don't let anyone dull your sparkle - idea #2

Using the same colour oxide inks, I created a looser, circular background. I did not do as much blending as it is going to be my mat layer. I have die cut a serious of circles from glitter and mirri card using Polkadoodles Fanciful Circles & Stitched Circles layering die sets. 

Polkadoodles Serenity Stardust Fairy handmade card by Lou Sims

Serenity Stardust has been stamped on to one of the circle layers & coloured with pencils. This time I have kept the colouring quite simple. With a Sakura Moonlight gelly roll in yellow, I have created a washed out effect around the moon. 

Polkadoodles Serenity Stardust Fairy handmade card by Lou Sims

Extra finishing touches have been made with gold embossing powder & Nuvo glimmer pen. This time the sentiment has been stamped in black on to white card & then added to the front of my card. A few sequins finish off the card.


Additional ideas

1] On the blog post HERE, I share  ideas using all of the different Serenity Fairy images.



2] Art journal pages using Serenity Butterfly Dream in two contrasting colours! HERE




I hope all the above shows you lots of wonderful ways to use the Polkadoodles Serenity Fairies in all your crafting. They really do cross over to many styles & projects. 

You can see all the different ranges of stamps sets from Polkadoodles HERE


Until next time. Stay safe,

Lou
xxx


Comments